Doubts about gophone...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

fontana

Sep 13, 2007
Hello dudes,

I don't know if I need to get a new SIM card to activate my iPhone by this method. If I need to get a new one from any AT&T store, I need to pay for that?. Please, if someone can say me, step by step is it possible, how can I get this plan, would be great. thanks for be there....

htech

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
If you have already activated your phone then you will need a new sim. If you have not activated your sim that came with the phone you will be ok. To get a sim you need to go to the ATT store. I think they will make you pay and I think it's around $35 or so. If you haven't ever activated your iPhone just sync it to iTunes and put in all 9's for the ssn and the go phone plan will appear when it fails the credit check.

Hello dudes,

I don't know if I need to get a new SIM card to activate my iPhone by this method. If I need to get a new one from any AT&T store, I need to pay for that?. Please, if someone can say me, step by step is it possible, how can I get this plan, would be great. thanks for be there....

fontana

Sep 13, 2007
Hey htech,

Thanks for be there. My iPhone isn't activated yet, for that reason, I'll put the 9's for the ssn, but what info can I put in the screenof iTunes account and in the screen of the billing information before appear the screen of the fails the credit check?. False too?

Thank you again...

htech

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Just put your address or some place that you can get mail in case they have to send you anything. You need a valid credit or debit card so make sure the address matches the address where your statements come...billing address.

Hey htech,

Thanks for be there. My iPhone isn't activated yet, for that reason, I'll put the 9's for the ssn, but what info can I put in the screenof iTunes account and in the screen of the billing information before appear the screen of the fails the credit check?. False too?

Thank you again...

noho_2003

Sep 10, 2007
I signed up for GoPhone last week and I got the SIM card for free at the store. Even on the site it says that the plan activation is free, so they shouldn't charge you.

fontana

Sep 13, 2007
Hey htech or anyone who can help me....

....I did every step during the activation to get the fails credit check with the famous 9's for the ssn and right now appear a screen what say :

Your activation requires additional time to complete and you will receive an email bla, bla, bla...

What can I do now?. I was thinking that the screen to activate by gophone was the next one, but...

If someone can help me, great!. Thanks for all....

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
I've heard of some people getting that message. An email will probably arrive asking you to come into a store and activate. If you do go in, be prepared to get the hard sell. Just be firm and say you're credit sucks and you'd better just GoPhone it. ;)

htech

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Interesting. Did you ever get an email? I didn't have a problem it just worked when I finished out the wizard. I wonder if they randomly do some spot checking now.

....I did every step during the activation to get the fails credit check with the famous 9's for the ssn and right now appear a screen what say :

Your activation requires additional time to complete and you will receive an email bla, bla, bla...

What can I do now?. I was thinking that the screen to activate by gophone was the next one, but...

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007

Never heard of someone getting that message.

robby69

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
I just activated my iPhone on the pick your plan prepaid using the 999-99-999 and it gave me the option for the pick your plan, no problems.

jbone108

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
just got this when using 999-99-9999

"Additional information required to activate your iPhone

[FONT=Lucida Grande,Helvetica,Verdana,Arial]Please call AT&T at 877-800-3701 to complete your activation."[/FONT]