Doubts about iPod classic

Apr 30, 2009
hello everybody,

Its about to be my birthday, and i was thinking of getting an ipod classic.
i need some info from ipod classic (2nd gen) owners, some basic details i might need to know about it, and also because I've been reading about a lot of people who've been whining about it being sluggish and stuff. i liked it because of its big screen and its memory capacity.
and is it too big to be carrying around everywhere? because im going to be carrying it everywhere.

thanks in advance!

please ask for further clarifications, if needed

socal

Bronze
May 12, 2009
www.mobileverve.com
I loved my 64 GB, had it almost full. No sluggishness at all. Many long poker sessions with its great battery. It did exactly what it was built to do. Deliver great music and have a nice display and menu system.

Jul 14, 2008
I have two Classics, an 160GB and a 120GB. I use them both all the time. The only thing speed wise that people complain about is the access speed because they use actual disk drives and you will hear clicks when the disk is being accessed. iPod Touch will always be a bit faster because they use SSDs instead of disk drives.

Tonchas

Jan 22, 2010
Harvey,Louisiana
i have an 80 gig classic that i like very much and now i want to hook up a 160 gig to the same iTunes list can i just plug it in?.....i set up a new iTunes store account but don't know where to go from here!........can anyone help? ...........thanks

eli58

Feb 19, 2010
I'm very happy with my ipod classic and, in addition to the normal music, picture and video functions, I use it as storage to back-up my my notebook documents and some software.

I keep a couple master files for documents and pdfs on my desktop and now and again, I copy any new files into these and they are backed up whenever I recharge the battery.

S

samalden

iPod Classic models store media on an internal drive, while all other models use flash memory to enable their smaller size.The iPod Classic is the recent transformation of Apple's hard drive iconic MP3 player, formerly name of the iPod video or iPod fifth generation.