"downdetector.com"

dmoskaluk

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 22, 2013
Paynes Bay - Barbados
For those unaware, can I suggest a website which is 'no end useful' in tracking down issues of outages and access issues to most utilities commonly used. Its always handy to know if "I'm the only one affected" or if the problems are more of an external nature. Things like iMessage, FaceTime, iTunes, Skype, WhatsApp, most Google resources, among hundred of others, are tracked and comments posted on a 'live-as-it-goes' basis. It has proven to me to be a far more useful 'first check' when encountering difficulties or suspected outages than what is available through the resources themselves ( Apple, Google......... )
It is available both as an App in the Appstore (iPad), or as web based access at 'downdetector.com'

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
For those unaware, can I suggest a website which is 'no end useful' in tracking down issues of outages and access issues to most utilities commonly used. Its always handy to know if "I'm the only one affected" or if the problems are more of an external nature. Things like iMessage, FaceTime, iTunes, Skype, WhatsApp, most Google resources, among hundred of others, are tracked and comments posted on a 'live-as-it-goes' basis. It has proven to me to be a far more useful 'first check' when encountering difficulties or suspected outages than what is available through the resources themselves ( Apple, Google......... )
It is available both as an App in the Appstore (iPad), or as web based access at 'downdetector.com'
Folks might want to stick with the online site. The app reviews complain that only sites that begin with "A" show with the last update, which was May 26th. But here it is for iPhone and iPad.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/downdetector/id816223770?mt=8

dmoskaluk

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 22, 2013
Paynes Bay - Barbados
My App is the current ( May 26 ) but I was easily able to edit a scrollable list of sites/utilities to watch. They come first, but the rest can be scrolled to as they simply follow....... generally I use online entry too, but the app has proven useful when away from my desk ( oh that dreaded 30 ft walk through the kitchen from the hammock on the patio back indoors to my desk :confused: ) I have uploaded a screen grab of my iPad app, hopefully clarifying what I mean about 'favourites', definitely not being alphabetically limited ......
IMG_0181.jpg

dmoskaluk

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 22, 2013
Paynes Bay - Barbados
Folks might want to stick with the online site. The app reviews complain that only sites that begin with "A" show with the last update, which was May 26th. But here it is for iPhone and iPad.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/downdetector/id816223770?mt=8
I will add that comments and reports filed through Facebook links and Twitter are much more current and easily accessed via online web links in lieu of the DownDetector app. But for a quick 'how goes it' the app is handy.