downgrade back to 5.1.1 on a iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Kazman, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Kazman

Kazman Member
    Bronze

I have an iPhone 4 that is jailbroken on 5.1.1, I want to restore it back to 5.1.1 non jailbroken, I have my shsh saved but I keep getting a 1600 or 1602 error codes any ideas?

2. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

I take it your using redsn0w....? to perform the downgrade....
    I had similar problems, but managed the downgrade first time with Sn0wbreeze v2.9.6..... Good luck;)

3. Kazman

Kazman Member
    Bronze

no I'm just using tinyumbrella..

4. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Redsn0w will be updated to allow for what you need, just stay away from iOS6 and you should be able to re-install 5.1.1 soon

Source: http://blog.iphone-dev.org

5. Kazman

Kazman Member
    Bronze

I just can't seem to get past the 1600, 1602 codes no matter what I do, I have reinstalled iTunes and cleaned out my registry my phone is in DFU mode and I'm using tinyumbrella with my shsh saved and I'm using the same exact 5.1.1 firmware version that is on my phone now and I have modified the hosts file to 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com I don't know what else to do this has always worked for me before I don't understand why it won't work now....

6. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Did you read my post above? What you are trying to do is not possible yet, Redsn0w will be updated soon to allow for this. Read the information in the link I provided for a detailed explanation.

7. Kazman

Kazman Member
    Bronze

ok so when do you think redsn0w will be updated so I can restore back to a non jailbroken 5.1.1 phone?