Downgrade Firmware is a mess.

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Hey guys what’s up, well I though I would share how the downgrading of my iPhone 1.1.1. Well it all started Saturday morning when I woke up I got my hands on a step by step video on how to do it.

I saw the video and I started to do it and well at first it seem to be working very well but when I got to the 1.0.2 version and it took me to iTunes the Phone brought up a message that said;
“Waiting for ATT&T to Activate”
“This may take some time”

At that point I thought well lets just give it some time, so I did. Well it turned out that it was almost 6 hours later when I went back to check if the iPhone was activated and it was NOT.

I called ATT&T not telling them I took the phone’s firmware and changed it back to an older one. And they looked into my account and they transfer me to Apple and well they didn’t know that I did the Downgrade as well b/c I didn’t want to tell them. It turned out that for me the sim card was already activated and there4 I need it to get a new sim card and it will all be fixed.

I went to a friend of mine at radio shack and well he got me a new sim. I took it home b/c when I put it into the phone it said;
“Connect Phone to iTunes to activate new Sim Card”

I took it home and I connected the phone into iTunes and the same message came up again;

I was so pissed. I did a restore on the damn phone to the damn new Firmware and the damn phone is working great I just don’t have AppTap.

I would not recommend this to anyone unless you want to put your self in a very bad mood all day.

Thanks for taking the time to read this long ass letter but I wanted to share with you all what happen, and to see if any of you know when AppTap is coming out with a version of 1.1.1.

Thanks a lot.
Javier

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Hey guys what’s up, well I though I would share how the downgrading of my iPhone 1.1.1. Well it all started Saturday morning when I woke up I got my hands on a step by step video on how to do it.

I saw the video and I started to do it and well at first it seem to be working very well but when I got to the 1.0.2 version and it took me to iTunes the Phone brought up a message that said;

At that point I thought well lets just give it some time, so I did. Well it turned out that it was almost 6 hours later when I went back to check if the iPhone was activated and it was NOT.

I called ATT&T not telling them I took the phone’s firmware and changed it back to an older one. And they looked into my account and they transfer me to Apple and well they didn’t know that I did the Downgrade as well b/c I didn’t want to tell them. It turned out that for me the sim card was already activated and there4 I need it to get a new sim card and it will all be fixed.

I went to a friend of mine at radio shack and well he got me a new sim. I took it home b/c when I put it into the phone it said;
“Connect Phone to iTunes to activate new Sim Card”

I took it home and I connected the phone into iTunes and the same message came up again;

I was so pissed. I did a restore on the damn phone to the damn new Firmware and the damn phone is working great I just don’t have AppTap.

I would not recommend this to anyone unless you want to put your self in a very bad mood all day.

Thanks for taking the time to read this long ass letter but I wanted to share with you all what happen, and to see if any of you know when AppTap is coming out with a version of 1.1.1.

Thanks a lot.
Javier
Progress was made today on an iPhone 1.1.1 jailbreak!

Not sure if it was using the TIFF buffer overflow exploit, or if the TIFF exploit just led to the method of jailbreaking in another manner, I haven't been folowing the dev team wiki for a couple days... regardless, this hack should be implemented into a new polished jailbreak soon and subsequently Nulriver will update apptap. Most of the apps will need to be recompiled for the new frameworks and additional logic will probably need to be added to AppTap installer, or just a separate 1.1.1 version. Apparently Springboard is hardcoded and not like the old version which relied upon the displayorder.plist. I wondered why iTunes mobile was off to the right. :p So Icons won't just appear on springboard right away, so I would hope that AppTap would automatically replace springboard with summerboard,.. Anyway, the deed is done, Dev Team has a clear and defined method to gain access to the iPhone.

Everything is in REALLY high gear as of about mid-day today!

Yippee Skippeee...