Downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0.1 (or 3.0)

terrapin

Bronze
Aug 3, 2009
Chicago
I know its been said before that because of Apple's not signing the earliesr FW anymore, this aint possible - But if I GOOGLE DG from 3.1 to 3.0, there are a ton of sites that give a setp-by-step - Only when I tried this process on my friend's 3.1 3GS, I never got the "1015" error - The error I received was that the "...device in uneligible for a downgrade..." or something to that effect -

So, to any experts out there,,,if a 3Gs was updated to 3.1 using iTunes, is there a way to DG to 3.0.1 or 3.0 and jailbreak as usual?

Thanks and sorry for the repetitivness of this post.

DocRawk

Bronze
Jun 11, 2009
The message you're getting is Apple rejecting you. I'm in the process of doing Saurik's downgrade steps. I'll post in a few minutes how it goes. This site is the source of the directions you're finding all over the place: http://www.saurik.com/id/12

ipwn3gs

Bronze
Jul 12, 2009
thanks, let me know...

you MUST have HAD used surik's app which was available from about a week ago ... that i unfortunately impossible now.
gota wait until 3.1 jailbreak otherwise....

elie dib

Sep 15, 2009
Hi There good morning,

I have an issue with my iPhone, its an iPhone3G about 1 year old. I went for an upgrade from firmware version 2.2.1 to 3.0.1 about 3weeks ago. Connected to iTunes, came up with a thing to back-up, pressed yes, did the backup fine. After that I clicked the update button and it went through the process fine until right at the end and came back with error 1013 in iTunes.

I have since then tried to do a restore many times and the same error has returned, i've tried restoring it to version 2.2.1, 3.0 and 3.0.1, none work, the first 2 don't even start, 3.0.1 goes until the end and returns with the same error "1013" in iTunes.

Now the phone is stuck in recovery mode with the Cable on the screen telling you to connect to iTunes and restore it. I've had no luck on google either

Any help is appreciated, please help.

Regards
elie dib