Downgrade the Baseband (Virginize) with top half screen dead

Miger97

Jan 29, 2008
I have iPhone now 1.0.2 Jailbroken and Unlocked.
Not sure modem firmware now but OTB was 1.0 firmware with 03.11.02_G modem firmware.
Phone got wet; water seeped-in, now the touch screen (top half; YouTube and above) doesn't work. Need help to downgrade the Baseband (Virginize) so I can get warranty service. Wi-Fi is operational. I cannot turn off the phone but I can reset it (sleep+home).

Questions:

I am told that before I proceed with instructions to repair the baseband it is a must to set "Auto-Lock" to "Never". Mine is set to 4 min and I cannot change that (that part of touch screen not working).

• Is 4 min enough to complete steps from the moment I start PuTTY and restart the iPhone ?
  • Is there a way to change "Auto-Lock" to "Never" without using touch screen ?
  • When PuTTY is running, anything can be do to iPhone (periodical touching active part of the screen, etc.) so it won’t go to sleep ?

If anyone has other suggestions how to downgrade the Baseband (Virginize) with limited use of the touch screen, would greatly appreciate.

Miger97

Jan 29, 2008
found solution

Touching the screen in springboard or anywhere else would reset autolock timer,

I figured that springboard means Home button.

Yes it worked fine. Managed to keep it awake during the whole process and managed to Viriginize it following instructions from:

http://www.hackthatphone.com/111/iPhone_repairing_baseband_windows.html

After that updated iPhone to 1.1.3 firmware with 04.03.13_G modem firmware. iPhone is locked after that.

Now off to Apple store and hope they will give me warranty service.