Downgraded from iOS 7 to iOS 6.1.4

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Lotharmataos, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Lotharmataos

Lotharmataos Member
    Bronze

Don't know about you guys but I just downgraded from iOS 7 to 6.1.4. Personally, I don't like the new design starting from icons to what the calendar, reminder apps look like now. Also, it's too white and kinda mess with my eyes there the sun is bright outside and when I used my phone late at night. What do you guys think ?

Sent using iCafe app

2. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Haven't upgraded to 7, but I'm anticipating lowering my screen brightness when I do. It looks very bright.

3. Lotharmataos

Lotharmataos Member
    Bronze

Yeah it is bright and quite frankly, It doesn't look like a typography Steve jobs would have approved because there is nothing as beautiful and cool like ios 6 or mac os. looks like the guy who designed windows 7 did it and there Are Too many unnecessary animation that make the phone lag a little.

Sent using iCafe app

4. Lotharmataos

Lotharmataos Member
    Bronze

Yes it is bright, and poorly designed. It looks like windows and I'm sure Steve jobs wouldn't have appreciated the typography. It's not as beautiful and crisp like iOS 6 and Mac OS.

Sent using iCafe app

5. Marc_

Marc_ Member
    Bronze

I'm the opposite. I'm liking it and when I'm going from 7 on my iPhone to 6 on my ipad mini I'm finding I prefer 7. Each to their own I guess?

Sent using iCafe app

6. Adriano73

Adriano73 Contributor
    Bronze

I'm with you, I really like it. Took me a couple of days to remember where I'd seen the colour palette before.

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1371970810.120811.jpg

7. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

The animations are a real annoyance to me, they are too slow. The multitasking screen is probably the biggest failure of all. Not too sure if it's just beta lag?

8. Marc_

Marc_ Member
    Bronze

Which animations in particular?

Sent using iCafe app

9. Lotharmataos

Lotharmataos Member
    Bronze

I don't think that's a beta lag because those have been on Cydia for a long time and I believe current iOS devices do not have enough ram to properly support live wallpaper, live icon like the new weather and clock, or app closing animation. That's just unnecessary

Sent using iCafe app

10. Lotharmataos

Lotharmataos Member
    Bronze

Live wallpaper, live clock icon, app closing animation, live weather icon and multitasking animation. Even though I kinda think they are cool. I wasn't a big fan of those when I installed the tweaks through Cydia. iOS devices simply do not have enough ram to support it while keeping with the current flow if usage experimented on iOS 6

Sent using iCafe app

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The iPhone 4S and 5 could easily handle a live wallpaper, clock and weather. We've been doing this for years (jailbroken) on the old hardware and it's fine. It just slightly contributed to battery drain. The beta just needs the bugs worked out. This will be resolved by the GM. These simple tasks pale in comparison to a lot of the games that are available as far as resources used.

12. NeFFy

NeFFy New Member

I think it looks like an Android. I'm very disappointed and will probably not update.

Sent using iCafe app

13. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Unfortunately people will have to update or choose not to use many apps that may drop iOS 6 support.

14. Adriano73

Adriano73 Contributor
    Bronze

Ooh. In messages if you slide a message bubble to the left it reveals time stamps for each message. I didn't know that.

15. NeFFy

NeFFy New Member

*sigh* I wish they would at least keep the flat dock style.

Sent using iCafe app

16. Goldenkid89

Goldenkid89 New Member

How do I get ios7 if I'm not a developer

Sent using iCafe app

17. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You'll have to find a developer that will give you one of their beta testing slots.

18. Link182kidd

Link182kidd Member
    Bronze

How about Apple officially release it so i can try it and comment on this post with my opinion.

Sent using iPhone 5 32GB

19. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

How about it gets beta tested until as many of the bugs and glitches are fixed, then release it publicly? :)