Downgraded from iOS 7 to iOS 6.1.4

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I'm one that really likes the new look and options. I am sure the animations will get better. I only have it on my iPad but will probably update my phone with the next beta.
Tom

Sent using iCafe app

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Everything i say i get a quote of this thing with smart ass remark.

Sent using iPhone 5 32GB
It was not a smart ass remark as you put it. It was a valid point that Napoleon made. If you don't like the members of the forum then there are a lot of other forums for you to try.

Link182kidd

Bronze
Jul 3, 2011
It was not a smart ass remark as you put it. It was a valid point that Napoleon made. If you don't like the members of the forum then there are a lot of other forums for you to try.
I'm not going to leave a forum because of him. Like my old mum used to say "there is always one"

Sent using iPhone 5 32GB

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
I'm not going to leave a forum because of him. Like my old mum used to say "there is always one"

Sent using iPhone 5 32GB
There is nothing wrong with Napoleon or what he said. You obviously have misinterpreted what he was saying. I know for a fact that if Napoleon was being in any way unkind to you, there would have not been a smiley on his post. And in response to what he said to you, sorry to say but what you said is ridiculous. He was stating that iOS 7 NEEDS to be beta tested to ensure that when it is released it will be mostly bug free. I bet you would be complaining if Apple released iOS 7 early and your phone wasn't working correctly.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Please stay civil and respectful. His point was valid and your comment was unwarranted. Big firmware updates need to be beta tested for a few months before they are stable enough for release to the public. iOS 7 is not optimized yet and it still has a lot of bugs that need to be worked out.

Lotharmataos

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
How do I get ios7 if I'm not a developer

Sent using iCafe app
There is a tweak to install it without a developers account. Look it up on YouTube but the secret is to first restore your phone to factory setting on a 6.1.4, then "set the phone as new iPhone without entering your info" directly from the phone. After that you can simply update the fresh restored iPhone to iOS 7 and it will pass the iTunes check since no account will be registered on that "set as new" iPhone. G luck

Sent using iCafe app

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
How about it gets beta tested until as many of the bugs and glitches are fixed, then release it publicly? :)
I'll roll with this one... Could you imagine if everyone had the beta 1 as the GM, as developers with an understanding of how it all works even WE complained... I can't imagine the masses reaction to these betas...

you can all disregard this post, for some reason the rest of the posts on the page didn't load and I responded...

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Downgraded to iOS 6 today. The awful battery life was finally too much. I waited out for beta 4 and as that is delayed I didn't want to wait another week or two with terrible battery. Will probably go back when beta 4 is out as I still have the beta 3 IPSW on my MacBook so it won't be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
I think it looks like an Android. I'm very disappointed and will probably not update.

Sent using iCafe app
i agree and i think we will see more of this Android type following from Apple. i say we will see bigger screens and more os tweaks like Android but i could be wrong. only time will tell

Chumi

Jul 26, 2013
Don't know about you guys but I just downgraded from iOS 7 to 6.1.4. Personally, I don't like the new design starting from icons to what the calendar, reminder apps look like now. Also, it's too white and kinda mess with my eyes there the sun is bright outside and when I used my phone late at night. What do you guys think ?

Sent using iCafe app
I have the beta 3 and i like very much. There are troubles that have to be solved, but there is an advance in design and functionality