downgrading from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 help

Nov 12, 2007
i updated my iPhone from iTunes thinking i have a att accouct it would just let me right threw back to iPhone but now it sayd i have to activated it.. my phone was never jailbroken.. now im stuck where i downloaded the downgrade but i don't know how to use it im clicking on the ,dmg files but its telling me i need a password to get into them? what do i doooooooo

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
was your phone unlocked?

Nov 12, 2007
was your phone unlocked?
yes my phone was unlocked.. now im trying to downgrade but no one has complete steps.. all they say is "downgrade" but how do you downgrade please help now im back to my outdated phone from 2002 because my iPhone doesn't work

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
So it's another story of, i upgraded when it's been all over the net saying not to upgrade if your unlocked......oh well .

Nov 12, 2007
So it's another story of, i upgraded when it's been all over the net saying not to upgrade if your unlocked......oh well .
well dump of me i didn't read i just updated it.. what happen to my iPhone now? i tried restoring it last night but version 1.1.2 was still on the phone.. i tried to use independance its telling me that i need iTunes version 7.4.3 for it to work now i have the new 7.5.. any suggestions

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Download v7.42

Google is your friend :D

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
The Process (1.1.2 without OktoPrep and 1.1.2 Brand New OTB):

Step 1: If you are on this step, you have iPhone firmware 1.1.2 and did not install OktoPrep when on 1.1.1. You will need all of the downloads provided above, please download them now. Enter recovery mode on your iPhone by holding the power and home buttons until the "connect to iTunes" picture appeared. Once iTunes recognizes your iPhone, shift-click on "Restore" and navigate to your 1.1.1 Firmware. Allow iTunes to downgrade your 1.1.2 firmware to 1.1.1. When finished iTunes should give you error #1015.

Step 2: If you are on this step, you downgraded your iPhone to 1.1.1 and got error #1015. Open iBrickr and it should give you the option to boot the phone or to "Begin Downgrade to Firmware 1.0.2". Click on Begin Downgrade to Firmware 1.0.2 and follow the instructions provided (instead of going to the iBrickr folder for 1.0.2.ipsw, go to where you manually downloaded the firmware). After following iBrickr's instructions, activate your 1.0.2 iPhone with iTunes.

Step 3: If you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2. Open iBrickr and click on Applications. Install PXL using iBrickr's instructions and install BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH (in that order).

Step 4: If you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2 with OpenSSH installed. Open winscp405.exe (referred to as WinSCP from now on). For Host Name: Enter your current wifi IP address on my iPhone (check this by going to Settings > Wi-Fi > and clicking the blue arrow next to your SSID), Port number: 22, User Name: root, Password: dottie, Private key file: Leave blank, file protocol: SCP. Hit Save... and save the profile as iPhone (Hit yes if it asks you if you're sure you want to save a password). Now double-click on your new iPhone profile and allow up to a minute for your Host Keys to be generated (click yes when it asks you if you want to allow the Host Keys to be generated).

Step 5: If you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2 and should be attached to your iPhone through WinSCP. Navigate to the /usr/bin folder on your iPhone and drag and drop the following folders from the Downgrade Pack to the /usr/bin folder on the iPhone:

ICE03.14.08_G.eep
ICE03.14.08_G.fls
iEraser
bbupdater
secpack
secpack.bin

After the transfer completes, exit out of WinSCP.

Step 6: If you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2 with extra files in the usr/bin directory. Double-click on Putty.exe and use the same settings and password you used in WinSCP to login. (NOTE: when you type in the password, nothing will appear. Just type normally and hit enter when you are done typing dottie and everything will be fine). Type in the following hitting enter after each line:

launchctl

unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

exit (without this you will still be in launchctl and it will not recognize the command cd)

cd /usr/bin

chmod +x iEraser

chmod +x bbupdater

iEraser

bbupdater -v

The last command issued returned "baseband unresponsive to pinging". THIS IS GOOD! Now type in the following and hit enter:

bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep (the _'s are spaces: bbupdater_-f_*.fls_-e_*.eep)

After this process ends, backspace the text "PuTTy" that was left behind and issue this command:

bbupdater -v

This returns a slew of data which (roughly translated) means...SUCCESS!

Step 7: f you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2 and have flashed the baseband. Back in iTunes, shift-click "Update" and navigate to your 1.1.1 firmware. Allow iTunes to update your iPhone to firmware 1.1.1 and then activate your iPhone using iTunes.

Step 8: f you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.1.1. Visit www.jailbreakme.com URL on your iPhone. Click "Install AppSnapp". Your iPhone will navigate to another page and briefly show a blue square in the upper corner before Safari crashes. At this point a status HUD should pop-up and display the status of the jailbreak. If you do not see this status HUD, go back to www.jailbreakme.com and try it again. After a successful jailbreak, your iPhone will soft-restart and you will see Installer.app on your homescreen. At this point I find it's best to do a manual restart (hold the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears. Slide it off, then hold the power button until the iPhone starts back up). This step is optional though.

Step 9: If you are on this step, you have a jailbroken (if you have Installer.app, you are jailbroken) iPhone running 1.1.1 firmware. Click on Installer on you iPhone homescreen and allow it to check and refresh your sources. If necessary, update Installer (you will see an Installer update in the update tab in Installer if this is necessary). Under the Install tab, navigate to Tweaks (1.1.1) > OktoPrep and download OktoPrep. After the download, click the home button and allow the iPhone to soft-restart. Back in iTunes, shift-click on "Upgrade" (NOT RESTORE!) and navigate to your 1.1.2 Firmware (download here). If iTunes is already prompting you to upgrade to 1.1.2 it is not necessary to shift-click...simply click "Upgrade" and allow your iPhone to be upgraded (NOTE: if you do this, iTunes will automatically download the firmware taking around 5 mins at broadband speeds). Activate your iPhone through iTunes.

Step 10: If you are on this step, you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.1.2 and had installed OktoPrep on 1.1.1 before upgrading. Close out of iTunes. Unzip and open the folder containing the 1.1.2 Jailbreak (download here). Double-click on windows.bat and hit enter when Command Prompt pops up. A Java window will pop up (I would suggest to check "Install SSH" but that's up to you). Click Jailbreak! A progress bar will pop up and Command Prompt will start displaying code. Let the program run (it should take under 10 minutes). After it's finished it will say "Done! Reboot your device (it will automatically reboot once after you do so)". And Voila! JAILBROKEN

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15669&highlight=downgrade

GolfNut

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
Chrissurra:

Are you saying that the oktoprep is used to prep a jailbroken 1.1.1 to update with 1.1.2? I thought the oktoprep was to prep a 1.1.1 to be jailbroken.

Thanks,

Nov 12, 2007
so for the process 1.1.2 to be unlocked u need a pc? because i have been trying it on my mac book pro and its not working

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Chrissurra:

Are you saying that the oktoprep is used to prep a jailbroken 1.1.1 to update with 1.1.2? I thought the oktoprep was to prep a 1.1.1 to be jailbroken.

Thanks,
Oktoprep is not to prepare for 1.1.1 (not needed--the tiff exploit is still present), but it's to prepare for 1.1.2. Right now it's the only way to jailbreak 1.1.2.

There is/was another "app" that prepared for 1.1.1, but it needed to be run while still on 1.0.2. That was/is used to jailbreak 1.1.1 without using the tiff exploit.

--
Mike