Downgrading Help please..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 1, 2007
Hey everyone, I want to downgrade my bricked incorrect SIM iPhone.. Can someone give me all the details on this? I followed most of the other threads stuff:
"The sim error is normal. Now flash back the 3.14.03 modem firmware using "putty". Go to hackintosh for more info.

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9025

Here are the steps:

1) Make sure you have a copy of the 1.0.2 firmware handy and decrypted
2) Reboot iPhone holding top (power) and home buttons *BUT* release the top button 10 seconds into it (right after the screen goes dark)
3) The iPhone screen will appear to be off, but start iTunes (latest version worked for me on the Mac)
4) Option+Click restore and select the 1.0.2 firmware ipsw
5) The phone will restart and error out at the end, this is expected
6) Shutdown iTunes
7) Launch the latest iNDpendence
8) Jailbreak the phone using a decrypted 1.0.2 (it will flash all sorts of error, but stick with it)
9) Activate the phone
10) It will show the SIM error but you should be able to get back in"

Ok well I didn't understand encrypted firmware, steps 7, 8...... or what putty is.. help please.

Aug 1, 2007
when your phone is on are you at the activate screen or does it go into the springboard but just not get a signal?
well it used to, but thanks to that pack posted on the video the PACAY pack, it let me restore the phone to its original state.. but yeah its saying, Incorrect SIM- this iPhone must be used with an approved SIM.

Aug 1, 2007
ok make sure that the firmware is back to 1.0.2 first
oh no the firmware is at 1.0.2. just it wont let me open installer either.. im gonna have to install a manual one. but i absolutely need my phone back and Apple takes 2 days to ship a loaner phone.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
ok you may have to do this the other way... but your back to 1.0.2 and thats a great start... your gonna need to download some software and do a few things to get this going again... you need to deactivate with iPhoneinterface to get the imei number and ccid number... but here is the guide... i can help you though if you want...

http://www.hacktheiPhone.com/iPhone_using_cingular_for_windows.html

im on aim.. s/n is skiz05 and if your running windows xp i can do it for you via remote access

thats the best way to pair a sim card to a phone as long as its an att sim... because i had that issuse because i didn't use the origanl sim that came with the phone because i bought it used... worked like a charm...

Aug 1, 2007
ok you may have to do this the other way... but your back to 1.0.2 and thats a great start... your gonna need to download some software and do a few things to get this going again... you need to deactivate with iPhoneinterface to get the imei number and ccid number... but here is the guide... i can help you though if you want...

http://www.hacktheiPhone.com/iPhone_using_cingular_for_windows.html

im on aim.. s/n is skiz05 and if your running windows xp i can do it for you via remote access

thats the best way to pair a sim card to a phone as long as its an att sim... because i had that issuse because i didn't use the origanl sim that came with the phone because i bought it used... worked like a charm...
sure i imed you like 5 times..