Downgrading to 1.1.1/1.1.2.

Jeremiah

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Maryland
I currently have 1.1.3, and im getting kinda sick of not having any third party apps. So i started reading on how to jailbreak and install some apps.

I found out i needed to downgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2. I was planning on downgrading 1.1.1 then using the jailbreakme.com thing. Then using someones program to upgrade to 1.1.3 and have the 3rd party apps.

So i downloaded to 1.1.1 and i put iPhone in recovery mode (hold down both buttons for 10 seconds, let go of top, let iTunes see its in recover). So i did that, then shift-restore and navagated to my 1.1.1 file. Went through, and i got a 150something error. The guide said it was expected.

So I continue on, and to get out of the recovery mode to download jailbreaker and click on windows.bat. So i did and nothing at all happens. I tried many times. Downloaded another 1.1.1 from another source, same thing.

I then tried using ibricker to get out of the mode, i got a green screen( use iTunes to restore ).

So, i've gone through this about 3 times.

Sum it up: 3rd party apps please. downgrading to 1.1.1 and getting out of recovery mode isn't working. help.

Sirius389

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
New Jersey
i used idemocracy, it guided me through the whole process to get to jailbroken 1.1.2, downgrading to 1.1.1 etc, you can google idemocracy since you are using windows and that should get you to 1.1.2 then you can use the dev team or nate jailbreak method to get to 1.1.3

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
I currently have 1.1.3, and im getting kinda sick of not having any third party apps. So i started reading on how to jailbreak and install some apps.

I found out i needed to downgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2. I was planning on downgrading 1.1.1 then using the jailbreakme.com thing. Then using someones program to upgrade to 1.1.3 and have the 3rd party apps.

So i downloaded to 1.1.1 and i put iPhone in recovery mode (hold down both buttons for 10 seconds, let go of top, let iTunes see its in recover). So i did that, then shift-restore and navagated to my 1.1.1 file. Went through, and i got a 150something error. The guide said it was expected.

So I continue on, and to get out of the recovery mode to download jailbreaker and click on windows.bat. So i did and nothing at all happens. I tried many times. Downloaded another 1.1.1 from another source, same thing.

I then tried using ibricker to get out of the mode, i got a green screen( use iTunes to restore ).

So, i've gone through this about 3 times.

Sum it up: 3rd party apps please. downgrading to 1.1.1 and getting out of recovery mode isn't working. help.
When you downgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1, you'll get a 1015 error. However, windows.bat wont work just yet. You need to restore a second time to 1.1.1. This time, use windows.bat (or iBrickr .91) to kick you out of restore mode and it will work.

Jeremiah

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Maryland
I found the guide that KNK used. I think my problem was i didn't do it twice. And i probably messed up in a few other places. So i downloaded new firmware files, and all the stuff needed. I'm in the middle of my second restore now. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks you too.

ashwin007

Feb 28, 2008
I found the guide that KNK used. I think my problem was i didn't do it twice. And i probably messed up in a few other places. So i downloaded new firmware files, and all the stuff needed. I'm in the middle of my second restore now. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks you too.
im hvin de same problem. pls tell me wat to do? which guide did KKK use?