Download Applications' Updates

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by jalalawi, Mar 13, 2013.

1. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

Wondering if there is anything wrong in Apple Store as I am not able to download the Applications' updates through the Wi-Fi as I am getting message stating that "Unable to update at this time" but when I switched to 3G, the updates downloaded and this is happening to me since two days back.

What I know is that the download using Wi-Fi is more preferred especially if the application's size is high?!

Sent using iCafe app

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I've heard people complaining about the App Store being slow lately. It could be timing out and then pushing an error. If your browser is working properly, than I'd place the blame on the App Store and suggest trying later.

I was just able to download an update - a small one, but an update.

3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I have had similar issues with updating apps on several occasions recently. Like the OP if I turned off WiFi and use the cellular data network the update would complete in a reasonable time. This has happened with three different WiFi networks over the last couple of months so I don't think it has anything to do with a particular network. One time I had to wait until several hours later to complete an upgrade as even the cellular data network didn't work although internet access was fine. So I guess the App store has been having a problem of some kind.

4. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

This is continuing with me and it is annoying me but it looks not from my Wi-Fi as I am downloading other things and the message I am getting stating that I am not able to download at this time! It is strange never happened to me before since I had my first iPhone 4 before two years! What I noticed is that if I reply to the message with "Retry" it is downloaded but after around 4 to 5 times of saying "Retry".

Sent using iCafe app

5. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

I need help from somebody as I can't download the updates through the wifi but through the 3G downloaded

Sent using iCafe app