Download Contacts to Outlook

Brandon!

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I downloaded all of my Outlook contacts to my iPhone and went through and organized them, changed names, etc. If I sync with my Outlook now, I get duplicates, so I deleted all of my Outlook contacts and I want to sync Outlook with my iPhone. Is there a way to download my numbers?

Brandon!

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Haha, that SUCKS. There's seriously no way to go back? I found the interface on the iPhone more fun than Outlook's :(

Brandon!

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
So funny story...

I called up Apple support to see if they had any ideas. He told me that it should automatically go both ways when I sync, so he had me uncheck the sync contacts option and recheck it to force a sync. Now as I mentioned above, I deleted all of the contacts out of Outlook in hopes of forcing a download from my iPhone. Unfortunately, I somehow managed to get my iPhone contacts WIPED except for 1 contact that was just recently added (and someone now appeared in my Outlook too). I more or less said it wasn't a big deal and I grabbed my Outlook contacts from an e-mail backup and I was in the same situation I was in when I first got the iPhone -- had to add a few manually from my old cell phone and went through and cleaned up all of my contacts. It took a couple hours, but I'm back to 100% on my iPhone. I went to try and sync with Outlook, but Outlook won't download or even update the contacts that already exist.

Has anyone been successful with this process? It's starting to be a PITA now.