Download from rapidshare/megaupload to iPod touch

qwerty53

May 7, 2008
I regularly use the download file sharing services Rapidshare and Megaupload. Is this possible to download directly from them to the iPhone? If yes, how?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
Good question - I just tried downloading an mp3 from megaupload and it failed . It gave me the error message "Safari can't open the page because it's too big". I'm pretty sure (and I'm on the iPhone) the ability to to d/l stuff is not there. Sucks, that would be too cool.

qwerty53

May 7, 2008
can you try from rapidshare?

Good question - I just tried downloading an mp3 from megaupload and it failed . It gave me the error message "Safari can't open the page because it's too big". I'm pretty sure (and I'm on the iPhone) the ability to to d/l stuff is not there. Sucks, that would be too cool.
can you try from rapidshare?

qwerty53

May 7, 2008
Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
No joy.

I got the plugin from that page and it works but all it downloaded from megaupload was a tiny file (can't remember it was like 46kb or something). The mp3 I was after was ~30mb. I can see the name of the mp3 in sendfile but that's it. I'm going to play around with it later when I get home and I can access my wifi.

Also, the link you posted mentions that you need to hack the script but you don't. All of the needed media strings were in the .plist when I opened it up.