Download Link To The Mac OS X Update for MobileMe

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
I found this over at GearLive. Thanks to them.

It seems as though the MobileMe update for Mac OS X is now available for download. It is not yet available through the software update.

The Mac OS X Update For MobileMe is recommended for users running Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 and includes general system fixes that enhance your Mac for MobileMe.

Note - Pictures Above are courtesy of GearLive

UPDATE: Mobile Me is Now Available Through Software Update.

Last edited by a moderator:

lornawal

Sep 25, 2007
YESSS! ahem)) sorry got a little carried away, thnks:p

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
I updated my original post with a new download link. You should be able to use it with 10.4. I don't see a reason why you wouldn't be able to. Let me know how it goes.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
lame, i downloaded and it told me that it only works with 10.5, i REALLY hope that this is just this link, i bought mobile me thinking that i was getting 20gigs, since it still thinks that i have .mac its only giving me 10 gigis.... :(

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
lame, i downloaded and it told me that it only works with 10.5, i REALLY hope that this is just this link, i bought mobile me thinking that i was getting 20gigs, since it still thinks that i have .mac its only giving me 10 gigis.... :(
It is now available on the software update. I would run the software update and see if it shows up as an update.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
It is now available on the software update. I would run the software update and see if it shows up as an update.
Maybe this will fix my iCal not getting the push from the iPhone or the online .me calendar. I will try it.

Says there is no software update. I did one for OSX the other night, but I still show .mac in prefs, not mobile me.

Or did I look for the software update wrong? I went under the Apple logo and clicked "software update."

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Maybe this will fix my iCal not getting the push from the iPhone or the online .me calendar. I will try it.

Says there is no software update. I did one for OSX the other night, but I still show .mac in prefs, not mobile me.

Or did I look for the software update wrong? I went under the Apple logo and clicked "software update."

What version of OSX are you running. I'm on 10.5.4 and I just updated through the software update with no problems. The update listed was "Mac OSX Update for Mobile Me Version 1.1".

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
What version of OSX are you running. I'm on 10.5.4 and I just updated through the software update with no problems. The update listed was "Mac OSX Update for Mobile Me Version 1.1".

I will try your link. EDIT: Your link worked. thanks again. I have no idea why it did not work with the software update.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007

I will try your link. EDIT: Your link worked. thanks again. I have no idea why it did not work with the software update.
Great! I'm glad you got everything working. Enjoy.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
It isn't available to me... nothing shows up when I run software update.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
It isn't available to me... nothing shows up when I run software update.
If you're on 10.4.11, kokogirl (the poster above you) used the download link in my first post and it worked for her. Did you try that?

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
I did some reading and at the moment there is no MobileMe Software Update for Tiger 10.4.11.

Apple's MobileMe support page gives instructions on how to get the software up and running on Tiger, but there's no update as of yet. Hopefully it will be available shortly.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
I found this on Apple's MobileMe Support Page.

Note: It may take up to two weeks for the storage increase to appear on all accounts. Your storage should be upgraded by July 24 at the latest.

I have Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, can I still use MobileMe?
Most MobileMe features work with Tiger, but you must be running the latest version (currently version 10.4.11) and MobileMe features will still appear as .Mac. Some features, such as Back to My Mac, do require Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. For details about using Mail with MobileMe in Mac OS X 10.4.11, read this article

I hope this information helps you.