Download music and video through web browser?

reptilexcq

Jun 5, 2007
Directly into the phone? Is this possible? If not they better make it happen. Also they need to incorporate some kind of player...like Windows Media Player that load up a movie when you select a list of movies on a webpage. OR for You tube, load up a flash player to play that particular flash movie. I think this is better than just having a YOUTUBE video gallery where you only pick video and not able to read the descriptions. It's just better if you can select it through a browser.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
We don't know if Direct Download is available.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
We don't know if Direct Download is available.
I thought Steve Jobs said this wouldn't happen in his interview at D5. I'll have to check the transcripts again.

Found it:

Walt asks if iPhone will allow over-the-air video downloads. Jobs says no. It doesn’t make sense to buy media that way. Delivery over the airwaves is too costly.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I thought Steve Jobs said this wouldn't happen in his interview at D5. I'll have to check the transcripts again.
I don't remember Steve saying anything about it.

Do you have a link you can share for the D5 interview transcript? Thanks ;).

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
Look at the last bullet point from his 1:05 PM comments:

Mash here!:laugh2:
Thanks for the link ;).

It sounded to me like Steve was referring to buying videos from iTunes not downloading video from a website. It would be nice to be able to save a picture or video or even an mp3 from a site to the iPhone's flash.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Thanks for the link ;).

It sounded to me like Steve was referring to buying videos from iTunes not downloading video from a website. It would be nice to be able to save a picture or video or even an mp3 from a site to the iPhone's flash.
Just another question that will have to be answered as we get closer to the 29th.

Jeff

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Directly into the phone? Is this possible? If not they better make it happen. Also they need to incorporate some kind of player...like Windows Media Player that load up a movie when you select a list of movies on a webpage. OR for You tube, load up a flash player to play that particular flash movie. I think this is better than just having a YOUTUBE video gallery where you only pick video and not able to read the descriptions. It's just better if you can select it through a browser.
No Direct-to-Phone Downloads. Just like your ipod, you will have to download music to your PC/MAC and run iTunes software. Of course this can change with a possible software upgrade. But with AT&T very slow edge speeds, I'll bet they will enable this on future 3G models or maybe via WIFI.