Downloaded new theme, but wallpaper does not change?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TJL7386

Bronze
Nov 14, 2008
Michigan
So any time I download a theme my wallpaper does not change. I was using a photo from my iPhone before I JB and now it won't change with the themes that I have downloaded. How would I go about correcting this?

emhcee

Bronze
Apr 4, 2008
What phone/iOS are we talking about here? I'm using a iPhone4 on iOS 5.0.1 and all I did was drop a file named Wallpaper.png into the main theme directory and it works fine.

TJL7386

Bronze
Nov 14, 2008
Michigan
Ok, so I am using iPhoneBrowser and I have an iPhone 4 on iOS5.0.1. Still trying to figure this all out, I see the wallpaper folder so you are saying to just add wallpaper.png to that?

emhcee

Bronze
Apr 4, 2008
nope, what I was suggesting is dropping the image you want as your wallpaper into the theme you're using - the parent directory - having it named Wallpaper.png. So for me, I have it in /Library/Themes/mytheme.theme/

TJL7386

Bronze
Nov 14, 2008
Michigan
Ok maybe you can walk me through this, I am trying to use WinSCP to SSH but it doesn't seem to be working. I get the putty program up and get all the way to my winscp but then it takes me to my computers hard drive and not my iPhone so I can't seem to get into any of the iPhone directories. Why would that be?

emhcee

Bronze
Apr 4, 2008
I'm on a Mac, but my understanding is that WinSCP is for ftp/sftp (file transfer) and putty is for command line navigation. You can probably place things to and from your phone using putty but I think it's a bit harder. When you connect using WinSCP, be sure to connect using SFTP, using your phone's ip address and port 22, the user is 'root' and whatever your password is. Once you're in, the phone should be your working directory, not your desktop.

emhcee

Bronze
Apr 4, 2008
also now I am trying to use root and alpine as my password and it says that the password is incorrect?
Yikes that's trouble, if in fact you've changed it and don't know it. So when you open putty, and type in,
ssh root@<your phones ip addy> and then use the password 'alpine' you get denied?

TJL7386

Bronze
Nov 14, 2008
Michigan
Correct. I had gotten in once and that is when it lead me to my computers hd not my iPhone closed everything and tried again now it tells me access denied. I am using the USB with iFunBox. Not over wifi.

TJL7386

Bronze
Nov 14, 2008
Michigan
Ok some good news, I am now using iExplorer and am in my iPhones root dir. So what I want to do is get the theme's wallpaper to show up on my iPhone but it isn't doing it. Where and how do I try and fix this?

emhcee

Bronze
Apr 4, 2008
My apologies for not knowing all those variables, friend. I'm not at all familiar with the usb/iFunBox setup. Maybe there's some help here - ?

emhcee

Bronze
Apr 4, 2008
So open that directory and be sure there's a file in there named Wallpaper.png (capitalization matters), that will be the wallpaper. If there's no file, or it's named incorrectly, then simply add one or fix the one that's there.

TJL7386

Bronze
Nov 14, 2008
Michigan
Ok here is the theme I am using, it is the iOS X Retina theme. When I open that it has Bundles and Icons as a directories I don't see a Wallpaper.png anywhere. Do I just add it to the main Directory or is it someplace in another dir?

emhcee

Bronze
Apr 4, 2008
Yeah, if you have a wallpaper that you'd like to use, (assuming it's sized properly, which is a whole different thread ;) ) then yep, just place the file Wallpaper.png right out in the open. And respring.

TJL7386

Bronze
Nov 14, 2008
Michigan
Oh no no, I think we are mixed up I am trying to get the wallpaper from the theme I installed to show up. Thanks for all your help so far. Have any ideas why it isn't showing up?