Downloading a video posted on Facebook to a local file?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I want to download a video to my computer (i.e. my Desktop on OS X) that was posted on Facebook; this is because not everyone is a member of Facebook, yet, I would love to share some videos posted on Facebook with those folks.

Through some Google searching, I found a "Kigo Video Downloader" which promises to accomplish this task.

However, when I tried my first download of a video posted on Facebook, the Kigo application gave me this rather un-user-friendly error message:

kigoerror.png

My question is, would any of you know of a simple method or app or whatever to download videos posted on Facebook to a local file on my hard drive? My goal is that once I have the video file on my desktop, I would then upload it to my OneDrive cloud storage, create a public link to the file for others to look at, and not require them to create a Facebook account simply to video the video.

Any and all help/suggestions will be appreciated.

PS: If it helps, this is the URL of the video file I want to save to my hard drive:

Last edited:

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I don't know about downloading the file, I am often unable to even share a link to some videos I see on FB. I always try, and often succeed in finding the video I'm looking for on Youtube and go from there. If the video was uploaded directly to FB and not imbedded from YT or some such then I fear you may be, how do you say, out of luck. YMMV :)

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Yeah, man, I feel the same way. But I figured it was worth a try just to ask. I'm going to have to resort to capturing a video on my screen via an OS X application known as Screenflow. I did that with a Moby concert that was streaming and I'm not sure how many laws I broke. Basically it downloads your video (any video on your screen) and places it at the location of your choosing in an .mp4 while or what-not. It's a b**** to do and it involves a lot of work, but, whatevs. I'm willing to do it if the Facebook-posted video that I want warrants it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, man, I feel the same way. But I figured it was worth a try just to ask. I'm going to have to resort to capturing a video on my screen via an OS X application known as Screenflow. I did that with a Moby concert that was streaming and I'm not sure how many laws I broke. Basically it downloads your video (any video on your screen) and places it at the location of your choosing in an .mp4 while or what-not. It's a b**** to do and it involves a lot of work, but, whatevs. I'm willing to do it if the Facebook-posted video that I want warrants it.
I use iShowU HD for that type of stuff. It's a piece of cake.