Downloading from You Tube

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Didn't I see a post somewhere about someone wanting to download videos from You Tube?

I have found some videos of TV shows on You Tube that I would like to download to my computer and then run through iTunes onto my phone.

Is this possible?
I know that it is on Google Video.

Thanks
Dana

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Yup, it's possible. I think there are a ton of alternatives out there for this, but a free one I've used that is pretty easy and can be used straight from a links toolbar, is KeepVid.
Then for conversion from the .flv format it downloads in, there's Videora, which is also free and works well.
I'm using both of these on a Windows PC, can't recall if they are corss-platform ...

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Thank you Patrick

Both items work perfectly.

Thank you very much.

Dana

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
If you're on Mac nothing beats Cosmopod. Its a Safari plugin, so when you browse a page with media you just click the Cosmopod button to download it. From there Cosmopod will convert it to an M4V and then send it to iTunes for you ready to sync with your iPhone :)

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Sorry, I forgot to mention I am on a Dell laptop.
Where converting a 50 minute television show on Handbrake takes 3 hours.

I am so happy with the iPhone, I am seriously considering getting a Mac next time around.

Are their laptops are as well engineered as the iPhone?

Thanks

Dana

Matt

Bronze
May 10, 2007

I am so happy with the iPhone, I am seriously considering getting a Mac next time around.

Thanks

Dana
I love my mac! I will never buy another PC...

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008

Thanks

Dana
Yes, and yes.

Mac laptops are the standard which other laptops are compared against. The Macbook Pro line is in a league of its own IMHO.

I've picked up 2 24"Aluminum iMacs for the lady and myself. I'll be getting my Macbook Air the end of next month. There's never been a better time to "switch" back. Steve Jobs brought sexy back.