Downloading iPhone video to PC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rosmari, Jan 19, 2013.

1. rosmari

rosmari New Member

my 2 sons have i-phones (#4, and ?). When they visit me, I'd like to download their photos and videos onto my PC (DELL Inspiron 530; WindowsXP).

How can I do that? Do I need a special cable?

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

iPhones are tied to specific computers, so syncing with your PC would make your computer the 'host' computer. Are there a significant amount of photos/videos? Email, while not the most elegant solution, would work. The next option would be using PC software that would allow for file management of the iPhones (without syncing through iTunes).

3. rosmari

rosmari New Member

Sending them individually would be very time consuming. Would it work that, while they are here with me, they send me the whole batch in one email? I would want to get them full size, i.e. about 1,400 x 1800 pixels.
    What would be the exact steps to take in order to email such a batch containing both photos and videos?

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I think I've found a good solution. There is a free Dropbox app (along with 2GB per user free). Create Dropbox accounts, have them each install the app and upload photos/videos to the dropbox accounts. On your PC, you can easily access and download them.

5. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

All you need to do is plug their iPhones into your computer via USB. They will show up as drives under My computer. Open them and navigate to photos, and copy and paste them (in bulk) onto your computer.

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Hey, that's too easy. ( ;

Sent using iCafe app

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You'll have to excuse Chris, Lon - he has a Mac.

8. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Ah. That explains it!