Downloading JibJab Videos

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I've made a ton of "Starring You" videos on JibJab, and I made one this morning that I'd really like to put on my iPhone, or at least view it on my desktop.

Of course, I would have to download the video in order to do that. I searched all over and I couldn't find a way. Anybody know of one?

- John

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I've made a ton of "Starring You" videos on JibJab, and I made one this morning that I'd really like to put on my iPhone, or at least view it on my desktop.

Of course, I would have to download the video in order to do that. I searched all over and I couldn't find a way. Anybody know of one?

- John
What kind of movie format are they? I usually use QT Pro right click to save, then export for iPhone, import to iTunes.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The file is SWF - Flash.

However, it's not quite impossible. I played around a bit and found a way to get the file to my desktop. I played the video on JibJab, and opened the Activity window in Safari. There was every file being displayed on the current page. Snowball_fight.swf was one of them. I held the Option key and double-clicked the file. It downloaded to my desktop.

The file was not playable, but I still got it there. I'll keep looking for a way to play it.

- John

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
The file is SWF - Flash.

However, it's not quite impossible. I played around a bit and found a way to get the file to my desktop. I played the video on JibJab, and opened the Activity window in Safari. There was every file being displayed on the current page. Snowball_fight.swf was one of them. I held the Option key and double-clicked the file. It downloaded to my desktop.

The file was not playable, but I still got it there. I'll keep looking for a way to play it.

- John

I have been using Flash for 10 years and you can never crack the protected SWF

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Maybe so; however, I think I may have just found the workaround.

There is a site that offers a download of a script that can be installed in Audium, the chat client. Supposedly, after the script is installed, a certain command involving a JibJab video's URL can be inserted into Audium, and the video will be downloaded to the desktop.

I'll try it out when I get home on the 26th.

- John

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Maybe so; however, I think I may have just found the workaround.

There is a site that offers a download of a script that can be installed in Audium, the chat client. Supposedly, after the script is installed, a certain command involving a JibJab video's URL can be inserted into Audium, and the video will be downloaded to the desktop.

I'll try it out when I get home on the 26th.

- John
Well keep me poste don this Thanks John, and Happy Birthday again Buddy.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Thanks, I appreciate it.

You've probably noticed by now that I'm pretty determined to get this video. :p

- John

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Okay. So I eventually gave up and downloading and converting the file.

Then I decided I would screen record it. The only free screen recording software for the Mac I knew of was Copernicus, no I downloaded it and recorded the video. Then I used Ambrosia's WireTap Studio to obtain the video's audio, and pieced the twoo files together in iMovie.

The result: crap. Copernicus records awful quality video, as the movie was jumping throughout the whole thing. While WireTap got the audio, it didn't match up with the video.

So then I found out about Ambrosia's Snapz Pro X. I downloaded it and played with it a bit. It records audio and video and so I recorded the movie again. The result this time; well, the recorded movie looked as if I had downloaded the file straight from JibJab. It's crystal clear, it does not jump, and he audio is perfect. I'm very pleased with the result and sent an email to Ambrosia thanking them for developing this wonderful software.

Link to Snapz Pro X

- John

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Okay. So I eventually gave up and downloading and converting the file.

Then I decided I would screen record it. The only free screen recording software for the Mac I knew of was Copernicus, no I downloaded it and recorded the video. Then I used Ambrosia's WireTap Studio to obtain the video's audio, and pieced the twoo files together in iMovie.

The result: crap. Copernicus records awful quality video, as the movie was jumping throughout the whole thing. While WireTap got the audio, it didn't match up with the video.

So then I found out about Ambrosia's Snapz Pro X. I downloaded it and played with it a bit. It records audio and video and so I recorded the movie again. The result this time; well, the recorded movie looked as if I had downloaded the file straight from JibJab. It's crystal clear, it does not jump, and he audio is perfect. I'm very pleased with the result and sent an email to Ambrosia thanking them for developing this wonderful software.

Link to Snapz Pro X

- John

Well you did it, congrats. Too bad I am not on a Mac for that software.