Downloading Songs from iTunes via WiFi

ilLegalBeagle

Bronze
Jun 12, 2007
I don't believe so.
Then again... That would be awesome commercial leverage...

Open Safari on your iPhone, go to the iTunes store. Then, use the Web 2.0 crap interface (did I say that out loud?) to have a partial sync process to bring immediate downloaded stuff to the phone on the fly. It would increase sales!

ilLegalBeagle

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
No you can't download songs over the air. They've said that already, they could certainly change that with a software update though.

One of the reasons I'm sure a lot of us are excited about the phone is to have Apple software updates rather than AT&T's slow ass updates.

Lips2000

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Houston, TX
I, for one, think this is THE big surprise. Based on...

1. Watch the tutorial video again. Notice he goes to the iTunes website and it looks *very* different.
2. The phone being tied to iTunes makes it easy to add songs from the phone to the iTunes library
3. You can transfer purchases from an iPod to a library today
4. So many ppl have commented that other carriers (Verizon, Sprint) already have downloadable content so the iPhone is a big step backwards
5. It would increase iTune's sales (Jobs may be benovolent, but he he likes money too)

Just my opinion but I do think it going to happen *very* soon.

Mark

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
pretty sure thats a no, because im sure Apple would have announced it by now... buy hey we got a few days left. Apple could always release a update for it as well
Something like that would be a hidden feature. If they announced it the record companies would have a conniption. iTunes can already stream over a local network it wouldn't take much to get it to stream to iPhone especially if it is on the same network.

I can dfinately see local syncing over WiFi so that you can 'refill' your iPhone just like an iPod Shuffle.

- SR