downloading videos and movies

Agent6

Sep 29, 2008
New Jersey
I have a 80gb classic 5th gen ipod. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to download music videos and movies without purchasing through iTunes?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
There are methods of ripping your own DVDs to the format necessary to play them on your iPod/iPhone. If you're on a Mac then google "Handbrake" and on a PC google "Videora" and one of those should be able to help you out.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
i rather use handbrake than videora because videora uses a lot of cpu power.

RRlocoENGR

Bronze
Jun 15, 2009
DVD Fab Platinum

I have a 80gb classic 5th gen ipod. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to download music videos and movies without purchasing through iTunes?
I use DVD Fab Platinum to get mine on my iPod.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
The keywords "download music and videos without purchasing" lead me to believe this thread will be short-lived.

We do not allow discussions of cracked or pirated media on this site... just in case those are your intentions...

RRlocoENGR

Bronze
Jun 15, 2009
The keywords "download music and videos without purchasing" lead me to believe this thread will be short-lived.

We do not allow discussions of cracked or pirated media on this site... just in case those are your intentions...
I am sorry, must be a misunderstanding since I did not make myself clear. I was simply asking if anyone knew the procedure using DVD Fab Platinum to put my videos (that I own by purchasing) onto my iPod. I have purchased content from iTunes and understand how to do that, but have never downloaded any videos from my DVD collection.

I have since been in touch with someone who uses DVD Fab Platinum program and have been told how to use the Mobile part of the program to get my DVD's on the iPod.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I use DVD Fab Platinum to copy my purchased DVD library so that they do not get damaged by use.

Thanks!:)