Dragging music to iPhone in iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VivaLaKing, Aug 5, 2012.

1. VivaLaKing

VivaLaKing New Member

I recently updated to the latest version of iTunes and now I am unable to drag music individually from my music folder to add to my phone. Before I was able to but now I have to sync my phone but I'll lose some of my music. Is there a way I can drag with latest version of iTunes.

2. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

Make sure while your phone is plugged in that the "manually manage music" is checked. Click on your phone on the left hand side, then look at the bottom of the "summary" tab.

3. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

Just so that you can see what I'm referring to, here is a screen-shot of my "summary" page. However, mine is not checked(due to having a playlist that I sync and only that playlist, no reason to manually manage). You will just have to check that box and then click "apply" at the bottom-right of the screen. Once that has been done, try dragging-and-dropping the music to your iPhone.

Attached Files:

4. VivaLaKing

VivaLaKing New Member

Ok I'll try that. Thx

5. VivaLaKing

VivaLaKing New Member

Now it says that my iPhone is synced with another iTunes library and I only use my computer and it's going to erase and sync

6. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

If you only use this computer, then anything it'll erase it you will be able to add it back. However, I would go through all of the other tabs(info especially) to ensure that you are only syncing Music(or applications and whatever else). If "contacts" is selected to sync in the "info" tab, and you don't have any contacts on your computer, they will all be removed from your computer, so make sure that it is unchecked.

7. VivaLaKing

VivaLaKing New Member

Thx. It erased a couple hundred songs lol but it's cool. Appreciate the help. I still have most of them.

8. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

If this is the only computer that you use, all of the music should be on that computer.