Dreamboard / winterboard queries

Discussion in 'Themes' started by avin7000, Sep 22, 2011.

1. avin7000

avin7000 Member
    Bronze

Hi all :)

I want to try new looks & themes, so I am gonna install either DB or WB. I am on 4.3.3 jailbroken

1. Just installing either of those (& not applying any theme) can make my phone slower or decrease battery ?

2. After applying theme, any decrease on speed or battery ?

3. Can it be completely removed if I am not happy ? After removing hoping that my battery & speed will be back like earlier ?

4. which is good ? DB or WB and why.

And anything I should know.

I read somewhere that it will make phone very slow and even after uninstalling it's side effects will be there.

Thanks in advance :)

@mods - I couldn't find JB section from tapatalk, please move this thread to correct section.

2. avin7000

avin7000 Member
    Bronze

One more query :

Now I moved many apps in one folder & organized them nicely. If I use Winterboard or DreamBoard, those icons arrange as earlier on springboard ?

Please answer my questions guys !

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread moved to the Themes section.

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

If you install Winterboard or Dreamboard without any themes applied you probably will notice a slight small lag, this is due to Mobile Substrate being installed. You probably won't even notice the lag. Depending on the complexity of the theme you probably will see a little lag, not so much on the iPhone 4. If there are widgets with the theme you will no doubt see a difference in battery life. Winterboard and Dreamboard both theme your devices, although DB is a little more complex.

5. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

If you apply a Winterboard theme, yes your apps will remain in the same folders. However, applying a Dreamboard theme will move your apps until your configure them. FYI- After changing the default Dreamboard theme your phone will return to normal or to an applied Winterboard theme.