DreamBoard

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by cliffeman, Mar 20, 2011.

1. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

Just noticed this in Cydia tonight. Has anyone tried it out yet? Could this be the replacement for Winterboard? There's no need to respring when themes are applied.
    Here's a youtube video demo.

Holy Crap! Reading the comments on the video. It uses 100 MB's of memory! So it doesn't work on the iPhone 3G or 2nd gen iPod touch.

2. goobs22xx

goobs22xx Member
    Bronze

I've got it on my 3GS. As far as the memory usage goes:

I typically have 163 when I respring
    After a few minutes of usage it'll go to 125ish
    Using Dreamboard takes me to 95ish

So, my experience shows that its not that dramatic, but still probably not something to do on a 3G. I'm not really using it as its still pretty buggy and because I'm such a creature of habit (don't really care for change).

The FB integration seems neat, and I've read on other forums where people have set it up to display a different webpage on the spotlight page.

Really, its going to take the bugs getting worked out, and maybe even some more features to get me on board due to the performance decrease. Really, the only thing it does right now is have toggles for animated weather, changing the weather zip code from springboard (great? I'll do this once ever), html page for spotlight, and has a decently cool layout that, however, offers less functionality than I have with folderenhancer/multiple folders.

Once they get the bugs worked out (it constantly crashes) and some more themes, I'll give it another go.

3. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

I have read the springboard crashes. So it sounds like there are some bugs that need to be worked out on it. I'm not much into themes as I was a year or two ago. I might give it a try if they can get the crashing problems fixed.

4. greasemuntney

greasemuntney Member
    Bronze

I used it for about 2 minutes and springboard crashed and it eat memory like crazy with the eDroid theme. So I removed it. Great idea just have to wait for the bugs to be worked out.

5. crystus

crystus Member
    Bronze

I have been running this for the past few days and so far I have really enjoyed it. It is still relatively new which means that they are working out some bugs and that there are still more features that can be fully developed. Other than that it makes life easier when it comes to theming and the app itself is simple and easy to use. IMG_0023.PNG IMG_0025.PNG

6. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

I read somewhere that DreamBoard is quite "Ram" intensive..? How are you finding it..?

7. EMSJunkie91

EMSJunkie91 Member
    Bronze

Seems cool. Wish it wouldn't crash springboard so I could try it.

8. crystus

crystus Member
    Bronze

Not too bad on the memory, it all depends on which theme that you are running. I am mostly in the high 200's for ram. It took a little bit to get it working. I tried a trial version and it kept crashing so I bought it and then removed any and all Winterboard items. It worked fine so I reinstalled the Winterboard items.

9. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I've had nothing but bad experiences with Dreamboard. I've found it to be the buggiest tweak in Cydia to date. It was free, now it's a paid app. I don't think anyone should charge money for something which doesn't work correctly.

10. Hunter Gordon

Hunter Gordon New Member

So I recently installed Dreamboard on my phone...However, i do not know what themes I should download or what themes actually look decent and aren't cheesy looking. So could people just throw out suggestions? I currently am using Galaxy II but i don't really find it appealing.

Thanks!

11. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread moved to the Themes section.

Check out this Mac OS X Lion Dreamboard theme: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-new-skins-themes-launches/770351-beta-preview-os-x-lion-ultimatum.html

12. Dj101

Dj101 Member
    Bronze

"else" is my one super theme for my 4s
    no one that sees it can take there eyes off it

13. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

14. Dj101

Dj101 Member
    Bronze

Else is my favorite dream board theme.....runs so much better on my 4s than it ever did on my 4

Attached Files:

15. MoKuJoN

MoKuJoN Member
    Bronze

I was using the OS X Lion theme but any time I changed themes or had to turn the phone off I had to set it up all over again.

16. Dj101

Dj101 Member
    Bronze

All you have to do is change the permissions for the themes folder.
    All three section should be set to read write and execute
    Go to var/dreamboard/THEME
    now select the little arrow on the side to get to the name and permissions.....do not ENTER the theme folder
    Then change user,group and world all to
    Read,write,execute

This must be done to each theme

Now all your dreamboard themes will stay.

17. Syamil

Syamil Member
    Bronze

Can this be done through iFile? Or must I use a PC?

18. winniec

winniec New Member

download from the internet