Drive+Play

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

clayk

Jun 30, 2007
I thought a few would be interested that the harman Kardon Drive+Play ipod adapter works with the iPhone. I plugged it in and I got the unsupported device message. I did not put it in airplane mode. Drive+Play functioned perfectly. When a call came in or I initiated one, the ipod song faded, and when the call ended, it picked up where it left off.

Clay

sound-dad

Jul 3, 2007
I thought a few would be interested that the harman Kardon Drive+Play ipod adapter works with the iPhone. I plugged it in and I got the unsupported device message. I did not put it in airplane mode. Drive+Play functioned perfectly. When a call came in or I initiated one, the ipod song faded, and when the call ended, it picked up where it left off.

Clay
Is your Drive+Play hardwired - direct audio input into your car's stereo - or are you using the FM modulator? I tried my iPhone withmy D+P, but I got a lot of phone signal interferance. I am thinking that this is due to my FM hookup. I will look into a direct, line-in adapter for my steroe if you are having success with your's. LMK.

sound-dad

Jul 3, 2007
This does not work with the phone/wirelesw tured on - must be in the 'airplane' mode. At least that's the case with the D+P connected with the FM modulator. Maybe, with the direct line in to aux/line in on stereo may work. If anyone has tried this, please let me know.

Ghouluk

Dec 28, 2008
Hi guys,

I get exactly the same results from drive and play 2 that i get from both my drive and play 1's

the ipod functionality and phone functionality all work fine (without being in airplane mode) but the ipod refuses to charge.

there seems to be a heft current requirement from the iPhone 3g to accept something charging - a number of my car chargers etc from the iPhone v1 refuse to work with the 3g version...

aside from that drive and play 1 and 2 both work well

cheers

Rob

falconpr

Jan 7, 2009
Has anyone had anyproblems with it at first? have an Ipod Touch firmware 2.2 and keep receving and error after 20 sec of playing. Please wait and a loading icon at top left. But my nano works great don't know if it is my power setup. I have it connected to the 12vdc output. I'm thinking the Touch takes on pore power than the nano. Any thoughts?