Driving in Egypt

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I stayed in Sharm just less than two months ago. The traffic there was crazy. It was literally life or death crossing a road. It's kinda impressive in a weird sort of way, if you think about it, if you could drive (without crashing) in this sort of busy environment then I'm pretty sure you could drive anywhere.

I've heard that Cairo is much worse, my friend mentioned something about having to have eyes all round your head so you can see whats coming at you.

Tarek you have my respect, it's not an easy place to drive safely lol.

On the other hand.... lovely country, plenty of history and those mad pipes that everyone seems to smoke are really nice as well, oh and the cups of tea are nice also, really sweet ;)

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Looks like your car has nice acceleration but that was extremely mild compared to driving in Shanghai.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I stayed in Sharm just less than two months ago. The traffic there was crazy. It was literally life or death crossing a road. It's kinda impressive in a weird sort of way, if you think about it, if you could drive (without crashing) in this sort of busy environment then I'm pretty sure you could drive anywhere.

I've heard that Cairo is much worse, my friend mentioned something about having to have eyes all round your head so you can see whats coming at you.

Tarek you have my respect, it's not an easy place to drive safely lol.

On the other hand.... lovely country, plenty of history and those mad pipes that everyone seems to smoke are really nice as well, oh and the cups of tea are nice also, really sweet ;)
Sharm El Sheikh is a beautiful city for a vacation. It's nothing compared to Cairo. It's not that crowded, there aren't as many low lives there, and in Ne'ma Bay (if you've been there), it's very very clean. But the fact that you went to Sharm only means you haven't been to Egypt. You have to come to Cairo and you'll know what Egypt is. It won't be very awkward since there are a lot of foreigners here, mostly Europeans, though. It's true, driving here is really hard and that's why everyone buys insurance for their cars, so did I. I was driving really slow, there are people who go 200 km/h in crowded roads like the one I was driving on, and I actually do the same sometimes but when it's not very crowded.

Looks fun! Can I come?
Of course you can. All foreigners are welcome. Wow I sounded just like my government's officials.

Looks like your car has nice acceleration but that was extremely mild compared to driving in Shanghai.
It is a very fast, stable car for a Nissan Tiida (Versa). I've never been to Shanghai but I know how crowded China is.

Driving in the Philippines was no picnic, either.
I have never been there either and I don't even know anything about the Philippines except that there are a lot of diseases around there. Excuse my ignorance.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I have never been there either and I don't even know anything about the Philippines except that there are a lot of diseases around there. Excuse my ignorance.
I lmao @ that.. not that it's funny but that that is your perception.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
It tasted really great. And I know you might have already figured what the food is, it's yellow rice (basmaty, as we call it), little grilled chicken pieces (which were awesome), Mombaar (that's what we call it, and I am sure you won't find it else where.. I love it), and salted chips.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
I lmao @ that.. not that it's funny but that that is your perception.
And a most uninformed, jaundiced (no pun intended) perception, which is no more a reality than the 10 Plagues of Egypt.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Was trying to go to a mall a friend told me about and I got lost.. look where I was!

And seriously, the N73's camera is pretty awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
We also don't want to see you in one of these videos.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Those are people in the Gulf, ZR_Yancy. Those are ones of the dumbest and richest people you will ever see.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Your video reminds me of driving in Vegas for some reason. I suppose they have similar topography.

And those drifting videos are just ridiculous. Spectators are maimed so often it's a wonder they don't crack down on it harder.