Dropbox help!

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Hello, I'm in need of a quick favor. I'm doubting whether Dropbox is granting me my bonus 500MB for referrals. I've e-mailed quite a few friends and, even though a few claim they've followed my referral link, I'm not seeing any results. Many of my friends aren't exactly the most computer literate people around, so it could be that they're just afraid of clicking b/c of the potential for spam e-mail after they provide their e-mail address.

I would be greatly indebted to if you could follow my link.

Only one reply (if you should choose to help me) will suffice. If you reply publicly, others will know not to bother (unless they as well wanna help me accumulate cloud space!).

I know the Google Drive just came out featuring 5GB, but (1) I'm not too crazy about Google (but yes, gmail is nice, their web search product is cool, and Google Translate sure is neat and I've used it on many occasions); (2) Their iOS app for Google Drive isn't ready yet (I know they've only been working on this Google Drive businesss for 57 years, so maybe that's it), and (3) They took almost 24 hours to "get my Google Drive ready." (What were they doing, formatting it on a very slow server? :ROFLMAO:)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Oh, yeah, here is the referral link for that Dropbox bonus I hope to see if it's actually doing anything:

http://db.tt/GKViE724

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I wish I could help. I'm already a Pro on Dropbox. Here's hoping a few people that don't have Dropbox accounts will come along. Albeit, a shame you did post this last week or something. Google Drive is the hot topic right now ;)

PS: you could test it yourself by creating an email account on Yahoo or Hotmail, or something. And then sending yourself an invite. Just saying...

owieh

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
Sheffield, UK
twitter.com
Your friends might have signed up, BUT they might not have installed the desktop application. It is vital for the referral reward to get to you.

Dropbox will know if different accounts will try to validate the same machine, so making another email won't get you anything... I've tried this one, and failed. Hahahah :D

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Your friends might have signed up, BUT they might not have installed the desktop application. It is vital for the referral reward to get to you.

Dropbox will know if different accounts will try to validate the same machine, so making another email won't get you anything... I've tried this one, and failed. Hahahah :D
Wow... They even want the desktop app installed... Good luck to me on getting people to do that!

I do have two Mac laptops... Think I could get away with that?

No effin' wonder my friends said they'd done it, and nothing! SMH!

Now I have to make a list of everyone that owes me a favor... :mad:

I remember this now-ex-co-worker who begged me to start a Farm on FarmVille because she was gonna get something out of it... I don't even recall what. I think she needed neighbors. She bugged me so much that I did it. I ended up getting hooked on that, and I'm currently a CityVille-a-holic... And FarmVille was the gateway drug that led me to CityVille!

I really thank you for your information! Who knows when I would've figured that out, otherwise!

Much obliged,

Rafael