Dropped iPhone in bath tub

Mar 23, 2008
dover,tn
hello to the community
I have had my iPhone since july 1 but yesterday i dropped it in the bath tub. Is there any saving it at all? I don't know a lot about computers but i am learning.
Can anyone help me?

Last edited by a moderator:

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Sorry, but that is not good news. I did google search on "dropped iPhone in water". There are others, but for example I found the below link. First and foremost, you must dry the iPhone out. Then, try docking.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
put it in a bowl of rice.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
make sure to turn it off and put it in a bowl of rice and leave it there for a few days and then if you're lucky it will turn on again. i have heard of completely submerged iPhones coming back to life with this method

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
The most important thing is don't mess with it while it is in the rice. Do not "see if it will turn on yet", let it absolutely dry out completely before you try to power it on again. Also covering the bowl of rice with a breathable fabric like a dishtowel will help to cause the moisture to come out of the phone and get absorbed by the rice.

Oh, and don't eat the rice when your done. Probably won't taste really good. ;-)