Dropped My Brand New 3G S, And Got The Video...

Jun 20, 2009
Two years, and two iPhones, and not once did I ever come close to dropping any of them, but today, only a couple of hours I managed to drop my 3G S on asphalt, and scratched up the plastic and chrome . Luckily I did not scratch the screen, but I still feel like crap, it really ruined my day. Skip to 2:20 to see the drop.

Video is here

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
That's a real bummer. I can imagine how you must have felt seeing it hit the asphalt. I put my new 3GS in a case before I left my home. I never wanted to take any chances. As you said, at least the screen is fine. It could have been much worse.

Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu
there goes $50+ off the value of your phone when you craigslist/ebay it next year in time for the new 4G iPhone.... first thing I did was ghost armored it.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I saw this yesterday on macrumors or something. Look on the bright side....at least you got it on video :)

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Sux man...a dishonest guy might try to damage it more internally and say it stopped working to get an exchange...but of course thats only a real shaddy person, not you.
Psst...If im not mistaken we get 30 days to return or exchange it. ;)

redneck47441

Bronze
Jun 3, 2009
1 word otterbox. Dropping is always a possiblity that's why I got the otterbox I can drop it of the roof of my house on concrete and pick it up and wipe it off and not worry about getting sick to my stomach. I once dropped it 30 ft. From the tree stand and still picked it up and no scratches or anything and it was raining for on it for about 30 mins no problems.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
My wife dropped hers onto the sidewalk tonight and nearly cried. Seidio Innocase II saved the day with minimal case damage. Phone is fine. I told her "at least you got that out of the way!"

redneck47441

Bronze
Jun 3, 2009
Is the otterbox waterproof too?
I might try this case.
It's not waterproof but it's very water resistance. If you want to be able to throw your $600 dollar phone around like a $20 trac phone buy an otterbox I've used my iPhone running when it's spinkling I trust this case so much look on YouTube at some otterbox defender test it's really amazing.

Jun 22, 2009
i dropped mine yesterday too. It was a beautiful white 16gig 3gs and now it has scratches on the back of it. My day was pretty ruined... Don't call me a bad guy, but i really am thinking of what i can do to get a new one. I'm not going to damage it anymore, but maybe something i can say to get a new one.... ;_;

Mar 2, 2009
California
I've dropped my phone a few times and luckily didn't receive a scratch on my phone. I am using an Incase slider case and I thought for sure it would have been damaged, but I lucked out.

I still want Otterbox.