Dropped My iPhone 5s, hearing small screw noise when i shake it...Help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Sabis, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Sabis

Sabis Guest

There was a rubber case on my iPhone 5s...i was holding the phone at night in my room light switched off i went to open the door and it fell short of the carpet...but it landed on the floor nothing happened much physically to the phone but a scratch...when it full i heard a thud sound...in the morning i woke up took off the case and shaked here and i hear small screw displaced from inside as i shake it.

Will this affect my performance on my phone :( please im poor my dad will kill me for such and expensive phone what have i done :(

2. Sabis

Sabis Guest

Sometimes i hear the noise when i shake and sometimes i don't.

3. Sabis

Sabis Guest

Additional Info: Dropped within range of 12-17cm

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Did you ever shake the phone before this happened? Many iPhone 5s make a rattle noise. You may have just never noticed it. Then after you drop it, you shake it and hear the rattle. But to be sure, you can take it to an Apple Store and have them look at it. I can't see a screw coming loose from a fall like that.

5. Sabis

Sabis Guest

Nope Ledsteplin...i've shaked before and there were no noise.

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Hmm strange. I can tell you though that with previous iPhones I think, and this iPhone 5 I have, hearing a noise when shaking is normal.

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I don't recall ever shaking my phone for any reason. Some features let you shake it to do things, but I never have. Maybe I should. :)

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I used to shake my phone as an activator gesture. :p

9. Sabis

Sabis Guest

Well guys this shake happened right after fall....what have i done :(
    So furious with myself....now my phone might not function well....what a waste $700

#9 Sabis, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
  10. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I would say not to worry about it yet. A light sound when the phone is shaken is normal. If you notice anything not working right that's serious, then I would take it in.

11. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I've heard of issues with camera components rattling when the phone is shook and if that is the case it apparently is not a problem. However, it might be worth a trip to the Apple Store just for the peace of mind. Good luck.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Do not worry about the rattle. There are moving parts and some iPhones rattle from day one. This typically does not affect the functionality. It is possible that something got knocked loose, but if it had you would almost certainly be experiencing problems with performance or charging by now. Just keep an eye out for problems and take it to Apple if you do experience any. Since there is no physical damage to the phone, they would probably replace it for free. Do not worry about taking it to Apple unless you begin to experience problems.

13. ForeverDev

ForeverDev New Member

Someone told me when I dropped mine that the SIM card got loose whether it's true or not, thought I should share.

14. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Anything is possible when you drop the device. I usually won't worry if it's a drop from not high up.

15. Sabis

Sabis Guest

Okay Guys, im having another problem....whenever i open safari....its crashes on startup....help me out please....

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Is it jailbroken? If so, I will post separate instructions for fixing it.

Try a hard reset. Press the home and power button at the same time and let go when you see the Apple logo.

17. Sabis

Sabis Guest

18. Sabis

Sabis Guest

At night it worked fine...then in the morning re-crashing.....and yes Europa-->Its JB.

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You need to remove PPHelper:
    • Add Karen's Pineapple Repo at http://cydia.angelxwind.net/ to your Cydia/APT sources (Manage→Sources→Edit→Add)

• Install Complete PPSync Remover (net.angelxwind.completeppsyncremover) from Cydia.

• Remove PPStore from Cydia.

• Go to Settings→General→Profiles and remove the 25pp certificate. If you don't see a Profiles section, or if there is no 25pp profile, that is okay. All that means is that PanGu never installed one.

• You're done. And yes, Complete PPSync Remover restores/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mobile.installd.plist

• If you want to, you can uninstall Complete PPSync Remover.
    If Safari still crashes, do this:

• Run the following commands in a console/terminal session:

• rm -f /User/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

• rm -f /User/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-*.csstore

• Hold the Home and Lock buttons down for a few seconds until your device forcefully shuts down. A normal reboot will NOT work!
    If that doesn't work, try running uicache as mobile in a Terminal session.

If that fails with some sort of error about an "Incorrect user" (which means you're running it as root), use this command: su mobile -c uicache

20. Sabis

Sabis Guest

Hey , i had PPSync downloaded before....and have the repo.....but ther eis no PPStore in my Cydia