Dropped My iPhone

iPastor

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Virginia
www.myspace.com
It was a cool Saturday morning, there were birds singing in the trees and warm rays of sunshine were beginning to wick the beads of dew from their overnight rest... then a cry was heard.

The gasp of horror and surprise as the sleek device slipped from my shower softened grasp. The time-space continuum enters a quantum state of near absolute zero and one heartbeat seems to last a day as I watch my device tumble slowly through the air, I find myself willing it to fly back into my hand.

Alas my puny human brain is unable to effect X-man like prowess over gravity, one quick silent exclamation of prayer... "Oh Lord no!" launches from my brain. THEN I watch in stunned amazement as my iPhone (which was recently honored in haiku) bounces of one of my shoes and does a half flip and lands on my backpack and slides softly to the floor.

I inspect the device and find no scratches, my brain flashes to a scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail as with an English accent I exclaim.. "It's a sign from the Lord! God be praised!" :)

tundra

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
New Jersey
I have dropped my phone many times. Still to this day i only have one little ding in the back of the phone. This is by far one of the sturdiest phones i have used to date. Even dropped face down from around 7ft. Still works like it did the first day i bought it. I do highly recommend the screen protectors though.

AquaHump

Jul 30, 2007
DE
I have dropped mine manytimes as well and have one little scratch in the case. In my line of work it is hard not to drop a phone.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
nice story-telling! i was on EDGE, wireless connection at the time i was reading it... :p

and i would like to add to that, LUH-KEE!

i guess i've been lucky too since i've only dropped mine on carpet :cool:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Nice to read one of these stories with a happy ending!

--
Mike

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
It was a cool Saturday morning, there were birds singing in the trees and warm rays of sunshine were beginning to wick the beads of dew from their overnight rest... then a cry was heard.

The gasp of horror and surprise as the sleek device slipped from my shower softened grasp. The time-space continuum enters a quantum state of near absolute zero and one heartbeat seems to last a day as I watch my device tumble slowly through the air, I find myself willing it to fly back into my hand.

Alas my puny human brain is unable to effect X-man like prowess over gravity, one quick silent exclamation of prayer... "Oh Lord no!" launches from my brain. THEN I watch in stunned amazement as my iPhone (which was recently honored in haiku) bounces of one of my shoes and does a half flip and lands on my backpack and slides softly to the floor.

I inspect the device and find no scratches, my brain flashes to a scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail as with an English accent I exclaim.. "It's a sign from the Lord! God be praised!" :)
Nice writing-I also enjoyed your Haiku. ;)

All the phone dropping seems to make the case purchasing more urgent! I am glad that your phone is OK.

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
you're so lucky :)

iPastor

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Virginia
www.myspace.com
I'm fortunate indeed, thanks for the kudos on the story telling side... I fancy myself a novelist in training. lol