Dropped my iPod touch in water

carly22

Feb 4, 2009
Unfortunately I do not have a warranty. But what happened was I was using the level app to hang a shelf over the sink and didn't even think about how there was a pot of water in the sink. It took a dive. I wrapped it up in a towel and put it on my radiator to dry it out but I think I turned it back on too soon. So here's the problem. Everything is working perfectly fine except for the wiFi. It's grayed out. I have wireless in my home and used it with my touch before it went swimming. Also it randomly go to the "slide to power off" screen. Is there any way to fix this? Is there a water damage indicator that I can see myself with out taking the device apart?

Thanks for the help!

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Unfortunately I do not have a warranty. But what happened was I was using the level app to hang a shelf over the sink and didn't even think about how there was a pot of water in the sink. It took a dive. I wrapped it up in a towel and put it on my radiator to dry it out but I think I turned it back on too soon. So here's the problem. Everything is working perfectly fine except for the wiFi. It's grayed out. I have wireless in my home and used it with my touch before it went swimming. Also it randomly go to the "slide to power off" screen. Is there any way to fix this? Is there a water damage indicator that I can see myself with out taking the device apart?

Thanks for the help!
The water damage indicator is located in the head phone jack.