Dropped my phone on pavement

kevinz

Aug 2, 2009
Dropped my phone on pavement (repair scuffs?)

I just dropped my phone on the pavement and my chrome bezel/gloss back is scratched and scuffed but the phone works fine. I was just wondering is there a way I can replace these parts with new oem ones?

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
http://www.buyforaccessories.com/product_info.php?langauge=en&currency=GBP&products_id=2435

It is meant to be a heard job to replace the bezel im sure i was reading so you may want to send it to a company that fixes iPhones to replace it instead of trying yourself

Same with the back cover

http://www.blueunplugged.com/p.aspx?p=136770

You could buy that one if you have a 16GB 3GS and arent really bothered about the iPhone lettering on the back being shiney compared to what it is on the 3G as that is a 3G back cover and I haven't seen any for the 3GS as of yet.

kevinz

Aug 2, 2009
It's already pretty scuffed up. I hate cases, I just like how sleek the iPhone looks as is. Right now the damage is done, I'm wondering if anyone have any experience with replacement parts etc

Thanks

eplchamps0304

Bronze
Feb 24, 2009
Well since you hate cases, get used to fixing or buying a new phone anytime you drop it. I do prefer the phone case-less, buy the reality is that things do get dropped by accident.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Should have had the otterbox defender on and you would have been good.

AMEN!

just got back from the Apple store both wife and i having trouble with battery they said hers had the bottom water sensor activated. And i don't know anyone that is more careful with their iPhone than her.

She wont even take it into the bathroom the kitchen or anywhere near water or liquid

I use mine in the rain with my OB Defender case hmmmm oh well

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
It's already pretty scuffed up. I hate cases, I just like how sleek the iPhone looks as is. Right now the damage is done, I'm wondering if anyone have any experience with replacement parts etc

Thanks
I feel the same way. Unfortunately, you're either born with impeccable taste or you buy cases. :005:snicker