dropped my phone :(

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

durkadurka

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
The screen is fine. It dropped from pocket height and struck rough gravel/pavement on its side.

It dented the outer casing on the side and bent it out slightly.

Do they sell replacement back casing?

Last edited by a moderator:

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Ouch. The good news is that the rear cover is easily replaced by several 3rd party companies and you can even choose the color you want!

durkadurka

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
I found one for 40 bucks. Not bad at all.

I might just try to bend it back in though. I don't mind the few marks on the side I just don't like how its sticking out right now.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
i want the black one.. it looks nice..

i have heard 2 things about these
1. voids warranty
2. extremely hard to put on

this true?
There is a site out there that shows you how to do this swap, but yes... it's not for the novice or faint at heart. It's VERY easy to break something. That's why I would send it to a company that does it professionally. If they screw it up, you get a new one. If you screw it up, you get stuck with a brick or a fat charge on your credit card for repairs or a new phone.

(For the OP) Apple will replace the cover for you as well but it won't be in a cool new color. :)

iPhone8801

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
LOL hahaha. Sorry just show how lacking the construction is on the phone. LOL and that is only from dropping from less than 5 feet. It is a sad day. Now I understand why everyone is obsessed with buying a bomb proof case for yhis phone. Funny

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
HOLY SHEEZA?!
they are THAT fragile?!

i will definitely be looking into a case today when i got to the Apple store!

and yeah man, i suggest that black one! it looks so nice!

Macster

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Oregon
Just dropped mine yesterday...

It fell out of the Belkin open top belt case. dropped onto my gravel driveway as I was running. Other that a little scratching on the corner it dropped on, no damage.