Dropped my V2 yesterday and resulted to a white LCD screen

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
Only 3 feet onto a tile floor and the screen didn't crack but had a white LCD screen that enabled my phone unusable! Had to return it back to Apple, luckly the manager had one in the back because they have been sold out for the last 4 days. I've dropoped my V1 many times harder/higher with no issues at all. Not too happy with this outcome.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm sure the aluminum back absorbed some of the shock. Did the back of your iPhone crack?

Also, sometimes it's just the way it was dropped.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Yeah those aluminum cases on V1 were tanks. The plastic will not take as many hits. However, I do like the plastic better. It feels much nicer in your hand. Less slippery. Easier to grip.

ricecycle

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Yeah those aluminum cases on V1 were tanks. The plastic will not take as many hits. However, I do like the plastic better. It feels much nicer in your hand. Less slippery. Easier to grip.
Wow if the V1 was more slippery, Im glad i didn't get one with the first wave.
I was thinking the 3G is slippery as hell.
It does feel super nice in my hand tho :)

seeker

Bronze
Jun 24, 2008
Only 3 feet onto a tile floor and the screen didn't crack but had a white LCD screen that enabled my phone unusable! Had to return it back to Apple, luckly the manager had one in the back because they have been sold out for the last 4 days. I've dropoped my V1 many times harder/higher with no issues at all. Not too happy with this outcome.

So, did you end up paying again for the phone ?

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
I just dropped mine but no cosmetic damage. My sim card dislodged but a simple reset handled that problem.

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
Nothing cracked, just got a white screen! No charge was instituted and swaped out easily! i was just shocked to wonder how it messed up with such and simple low drop opposed to my V1

jackz5o

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
New Jersey
Did Apple ask any questions or did they just swapped you a new phone?

3Guser

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
I always thought if you drop it you need to pay the full $600 price tag.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
its simple- just say you woke up and it was white!

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
no questions were asked! they simply said it was an LCD issue and activated me a new iPhone