Dropped Prices iPhone eBay!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Check this out.

This guy is doing fine :).

With the amount people are bidding on his iPhone, he could almost buy three 3Gs on 7/11. Wait a second... I never realized the release date was Seven-Eleven.

Thanks for reading (at least part of) my rant. :)
Plus, he bought them reconditioned. (not sure how he got by without a contract). I guess he eats the $175 and still makes money.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I would say wait until after July 11th and the new iPhones are out. The old ones will be going for $50. People will just want shot of them, so they can get the new ones!

Im bidding on a bunch of 8 gb iPhones on ebay since mine is quite beat up and i don't want the version 2. I wont pay more than 175. Might pay more if its new in box.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Look where he is based? I'm sure it's Job's himself, getting rid of his old V1 iPhone.

Check this out.

This guy is doing fine :).

With the amount people are bidding on his iPhone, he could almost buy three 3Gs on 7/11. Wait a second... I never realized the release date was Seven-Eleven.

Thanks for reading (at least part of) my rant. :)

tobey

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I would say wait until after July 11th and the new iPhones are out. The old ones will be going for $50. People will just want shot of them, so they can get the new ones!
I thought about this, and I'm not sure I agree. What about those people who want to unlock / jailbreak? Eventually someone will get through the 3G phone, but in the meantime, the 1st gen iPhone might hold its value fairly well.

Poblem is that there will be a ton of them on eBay in the two weeks following July 11th.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
A nerd is a nerd is a nerd. People will say they will keep their old iPhones and will never upgrade. Give them 30 seconds of playing with the new iPhone in the store, and their wallets will be out.

When the AT&T Tilt came out, loads of people said "the 8525 is fine, I'm not going to upgrade". 5 minutes later, eBay was flooded with 8525's for next to nothing, because people upgraded to the Tilt.

I thought about this, and I'm not sure I agree. What about those people who want to unlock / jailbreak? Eventually someone will get through the 3G phone, but in the meantime, the 1st gen iPhone might hold its value fairly well.

Poblem is that there will be a ton of them on eBay in the two weeks following July 11th.

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
I cant wait until 7/11 and people are trying to sell V1, I going to by 3 of them seriously. Especially for around $100. For my Family, no 3G in my hood.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I'm going to do the same and send them to my bro's in the UK. I'm gonna contact a seller and offer him tree dollah fiddy cent.

I cant wait until 7/11 and people are trying to sell V1, I going to by 3 of them seriously. Especially for around $100. For my Family, no 3G in my hood.

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Tree dollar fiddy cent..... LOL

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
As of 10am PST today, there are 4488 iPhones being sold on eBay. That is an increase of about 2000 in the last few days. I wonder how much this number will go up to, as July 11th approaches.

jimwarden

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
iPhones on eBay Widget

Terapeak is a company that does research of items selling and sold on eBay. I used to use them a lot when I sold on eBay. Great group of guys.

Here is a link to their really cool iPhone Sold on eBay Widget:

http://www.terapeak.com/iPhone/#graph

As of 10am PST today, there are 4488 iPhones being sold on eBay. That is an increase of about 2000 in the last few days. I wonder how much this number will go up to, as July 11th approaches.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Thats pretty cool. I see some iPhones have peaked over $600. Who on earth would pay so much for an iPhone? They must have gone bidding mad!

Terapeak is a company that does research of items selling and sold on eBay. I used to use them a lot when I sold on eBay. Great group of guys.

Here is a link to their really cool iPhone Sold on eBay Widget:

http://www.terapeak.com/iPhone/#graph