Dropped

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 3, 2007
Of all things that could possibly happen, I dropped my iPhone :(,
i am now receiving a message telling me that my IMEI# is unknown and to activate my phone, even though it's been activated from the day it came out. So the phone itself is locked down and the only thing that can be done is make emergency calls. Now, if i could get it onto my computer and do something with it, BUT making things even more difficult, I had a passcode on my phone and am not being given a way to unlock my phone so it can't connect to my computer. Is there any way to restore defaults without using a computer? does anyone have any insight into this problem whatsoever? Thanks for any and all help.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
When I dropped mine, I had a mini-heart attack. Good luck.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
1st Welcome!

2nd If your iPhone has not been unlocked, I would suggest taking it to Apple store. I've watched them resusitate DOA phones.

Good luck to you.

Nov 3, 2007
Thanks

Thanks, i'll have to try that tomorrow. I have not unlocked it, I do however have some ringtones on there not from iTunes, will this be a problem? I haven't done anything to hack the actual interface of the iPhone just some work within the file system using a program called iPhoneRingToneMaker

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Thanks, i'll have to try that tomorrow. I have not unlocked it, I do however have some ringtones on there not from iTunes, will this be a problem? I haven't done anything to hack the actual interface of the iPhone just some work within the file system using a program called iPhoneRingToneMaker
Sorry, couldn't help but look at your name and think of those new AT&T commercials philapragacago.....:p