DSL, Fiber optic or Cable?

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Who is your ISP? What do you pay? What are your speeds? Are you happy? DSL, Fiber or Cable?

We have Frontier Communications, we pay $70 for phone and Internet, Internet is $35 a month and we get 3mbps and it's dsl. We aren't happy at all.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Verizon FIOS for landline phone, TV and Internet. Speed is 35mbps down and up. Desktop hardwired I average over 40+ down. iPhone's average 20+ or so down. FIOS extreme package & Showtime package I'm paying $145 a month.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I am there with RoofMonkey minus home phone
we had no home phone for years
But yes HBO Showtime channels in HD and fast internet I got the 35 package as well
Also nice you can use the HBO GO APP and the Showtime Anytime
And Verizon just updated their app for the iPad and you can stream live TV to it now. Not all channels, but quite a few.

Nrevezzo

Bronze
Apr 15, 2009
Canton, Mi
I have AT&T DSL, 3mbps, $28/month. Home phone is AT&T wireless on my family plan, $10/month. I'd go to a faster DSL speed but can't because of the distance from the connect point to my house. I'm waiting for U-Verse to become available in my area. My speculation is it hasn't because of a deal between AT&T and DirectTV. I looked at Comcast and WideOpenWest but cost would be about double. I'm not willing to pay that much.