DST

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

spelunking

Aug 4, 2007
My phone has not updated, the date and time is set to automatic, and my timezone is correct. Anyone else have issues with their phone not going back an hour, or know how it change it (without manually setting it)?

- Thanks

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I forgot the time was to fall back one hour until reading this post. Looking at all my devices- iPhone, Treo, Cable- the only thing with the wrong time is my watch.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Lol, my wife forgot that the time had set back also, so we're scrambling to get ready for church, thinking we're late and never gonna make it when I hear my wife start to laugh in the other room, she comes in and ask..."what time is it" with a slight smirk on her face.....:p

spelunking

Aug 4, 2007
great stories...but you're phones changed, correct? So why hasn't mine? I shut it off, restart, still is one hour ahead.

Any ideas?

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Well, I finally got it, I shut it off and did the whole power+home button thing, thanks anyways
Maybe someone else will know if there is a setting on the iPhone that says enable DST. The only thing I think matches that is "set automatically." I didn't do anything to mine. As I said before, I completely forgot that time was supposed to change and your post made me remember.

Power+Button seems extreme, but the bottom line- its all good now. :laugh2:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Mine keeps reverting to an hour earlier, and we don't observe DST here in AZ! Grrrrrr....

My timezone is set to Phoenix BTW.

If I turn off "Set Automatically" my time is fine. Soon as I turn it on the time goes back to being an hour too slow.

Seems like an AT&T issue but I guess they don't take calls on a Sunday.

--
Mike

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Mine keeps reverting to an hour earlier, and we don't observe DST here in AZ! Grrrrrr....

My timezone is set to Phoenix BTW.

If I turn off "Set Automatically" my time is fine. Soon as I turn it on the time goes back to being an hour too slow.

Seems like an AT&T issue but I guess they don't take calls on a Sunday.

--
Mike
Tin, in your case you're going to have to leave "set automatically" off. I'm sure you know better than anyone that set autmatically is coming from the network. I love it cause it means I never have to set any of my cell phones; the system does it for me.

I think even if you could get someone on the phone on a Sunday, they'd tell you the same. There's nothing they can change in the system so as not to affect you. I believe its a global setting, but I could be wrong.

If you do decide to go ahead and call, let us know what they tell you.

miquel

Oct 22, 2007
I thnk now that my problem with the auto set setting is that my phone is reading the cell tower in another province. I live in a border town, and the other province doesn't observe DST.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Tin, in your case you're going to have to leave "set automatically" off. I'm sure you know better than anyone that set autmatically is coming from the network. I love it cause it means I never have to set any of my cell phones; the system does it for me.

I think even if you could get someone on the phone on a Sunday, they'd tell you the same. There's nothing they can change in the system so as not to affect you. I believe its a global setting, but I could be wrong.

If you do decide to go ahead and call, let us know what they tell you.
It shouldn't only effect me, it should effect anyone on the towers (I am on). I've seen this happen before; usually takes a few days to realize AZ doesn't observer DST. Doubtful would they say, "you just have to deal with it" (or at least no cell company has in the past--can't imagine why AT&T would).

And for the record all the towers I have hit are in AZ.

EDIT: OK I called AT&T. This is really the first time I've had to call them for technical support and to be frank--as a Sprint customer--I didn't expect much (Sprint's was horrible). To my surprise, without any insistance on my part, the call was escalated. The guy had me shut off my iPhone, after first calling me on another line (I had called with my iPhone), and said he was going to see if there was something with the tower. While he didn't help me he did put in a trouble ticket. Will see what happens.

--
Mike