Dual SIM Adapter

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by OEDE31, Feb 20, 2012.

1. OEDE31

OEDE31 New Member

I am thinking of buying a Dual Sim adaptor that allows me to use my iPone 4S with two sim cards at the same time. This is very useful to me since I travel a lot out of the country; I can use my ATT sim card and a foreign sim card at the same time, thus saving me the hazzle of carrying two phones. There are several in the market (Koolertron) Apparently, I do not have to unlock my ATT phone, but I have to jailbreak it and install an app with a sofware.

I am wondering if anyone has had experience with this type of accesory. I'd like to know if they cause any problems to the use of the phone, to receiving or making calls, data services, etc. using the dominant or the secondary sm card.

Thanks

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I have not heard of this. Can you please provide a link for the adapter and the app?

3. OEDE31

OEDE31 New Member

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

And the Cydia app?

5. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

I guess it's able to feed both SIMs to the phone without it knowing what's happening. Would allow you to sell your second 4S yet still maintain that second SIM.

Sent from Tapatalk

6. OEDE31

OEDE31 New Member

Cydia only jailbreaks and unlocks, which allows you to any one sim card in the world. But you are limited to using ONE sim card. The dual sim card accessory allows you to use TWO sim cards at once. Therefore, if you are traveling to Europe, you can keep your US sim card to get your US originated calls, and add a local sim card, which you use to make local calls and to provide you data services. This way, you won't miss your US calls, and you avoid expensive roaming charges. In fact, the original sim card does not need to be unlocked, as the secondary sim card is not part of the iPhone, but simple uses the iPhone operating system.