Dual Sync?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BigTime

Jul 9, 2007
Hi all,

my issue:
i use exchange and mostly outlook, however in addition ot my think pad i have a mac book pro, i use entourage on it. primarily, however, i use my outlook calendar.

at first i just would sync my i phone with my mac book, which would go from i cal to entourage through my server and eventually ending up on my pc candler. but now the calendar does not seem to be syncing with entourage let alone through to outlook...

is it possible to put iTunes on my pc and just synch the calendar and contacts with it, and still sync all my music and photos with my mac?

clearly ll my personal stuff is on my mac, anoe is on my pc so i don't want to exclusively sync with the think pad.

any help would be great!

thanks

BT

Pork Rind

Jun 30, 2007
You can only sync to one copy of iTunes. So you must decide to sync with the PC or the MAC. :laugh2:
Not true. My setup is exactly as the original poster described. I sync my music and videos at home, and sync my calendar and contacts at work. As long as the right boxes are checked in iTunes, there's no conflict.

rj5620

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
Not true. My setup is exactly as the original poster described. I sync my music and videos at home, and sync my calendar and contacts at work. As long as the right boxes are checked in iTunes, there's no conflict.
Good to know, does it matter which computer you sync first?

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Which boxes are the right ones?

If I plug my iPhone into my Windows PC it prompts me to erase everything and start over. My music is on my PC, everything else on My mac. How do i sync to both?

- SR

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

If I plug my iPhone into my Windows PC it prompts me to erase everything and start over. My music is on my PC, everything else on My mac. How do i sync to both?

- SR
Not sure you can sync it to two PCs. Maybe you can do it with a mac and a pc, but I've tried syncing ipods to two different pcs in the past without success.

Pork Rind

Jun 30, 2007
Well, in my case, on my home PC, I have the 'Sync' boxes checked under the Music, Photos, Podcast and Video tabs. On my Mac at work I have the 'Sync' boxed checked under the Info tab.

In general, you only get the warning if you sync with two different computers that have the same sync options enabled, i.e. if you have 'Sync music' checked at home _and_ and work, you'll get the message you'll be prompted to erase and start over.

I haven't tried this between two PCs specifically, but I can't see why it wouldn't work. It's just important that there are no conflicting settings.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Well, in my case, on my home PC, I have the 'Sync' boxes checked under the Music, Photos, Podcast and Video tabs. On my Mac at work I have the 'Sync' boxed checked under the Info tab.

In general, you only get the warning if you sync with two different computers that have the same sync options enabled, i.e. if you have 'Sync music' checked at home _and_ and work, you'll get the message you'll be prompted to erase and start over.

I haven't tried this between two PCs specifically, but I can't see why it wouldn't work. It's just important that there are no conflicting settings.
This is exactly how I have it setup and works fine for me. Since my MAC is a Powerbook I don't want to use up the hard drive space on music/videos so i store them on my PC. I sync up my iPhone to my PC for music and videos; and sync up my iPhone to my MAC for Entourage contacts and calendar.