DuckDuckGo search engine

smileyman

Bronze
Aug 3, 2008
First off, I've been loyal to google since the start. Whenever I come across a new search engine, I just think "blah, another search engine... google works fine". Actually, lately I've been having trouble finding exactly what I want, have to go through a few pages of google just to get past the links to stores and whatnot. And anytime I want to search for something specific in forums, it seems like google only pops up forums from 2005, unless I specifically add "2008" to my search.

So I decided to try this "new" search, DuckDuckGo.com. I don't know if it's been a coincidence or not, but everytime I've used it so far, it seems to find EXACTLY what I need. I did a comparison last night searching for info on a specific car part. duckduckgo nailed it, 1st result was exactly what I needed. With google, I had to go through 7 pages of results to get anything close to what I needed, and then, only got pages where the info was from 2006.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
First off, I've been loyal to google since the start. Whenever I come across a new search engine, I just think "blah, another search engine... google works fine". Actually, lately I've been having trouble finding exactly what I want, have to go through a few pages of google just to get past the links to stores and whatnot. And anytime I want to search for something specific in forums, it seems like google only pops up forums from 2005, unless I specifically add "2008" to my search.

So I decided to try this "new" search, DuckDuckGo.com. I don't know if it's been a coincidence or not, but everytime I've used it so far, it seems to find EXACTLY what I need. I did a comparison last night searching for info on a specific car part. duckduckgo nailed it, 1st result was exactly what I needed. With google, I had to go through 7 pages of results to get anything close to what I needed, and then, only got pages where the info was from 2006.
Also try http://www.cuil.com/ is says it finds twice as much as google. Its is a magazine style layout.