Dumbest iTunes error...ever? (6, 2003...)

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by dave123122, Jun 7, 2008.

1. dave123122

dave123122 New Member

OK first off this is an utterly pointless error that caused me to loose valuable files, info, and time.

I was using my ipod and it had been running into a few problems. Such as the time being wrong etc. I plugged it into iTunes and it wouldnt show up. I tried over and over without success. SO eventually i decided to put it into reovery mode. I plugged it into iTunes, it saw it and that it was in recovery. I clicked restore and everything went fine untill it got to actually updating the software. I got error code 6 and error code 2003. I found a tip to restart iTunes a couple times so i did without success. I then found another article talking about battery charges and cheap caples when i got a hunch. The night before i had added an extention cable to my ipod cable so that i could run it to my bed. I pluged the normal ipod caple straight into my computer, hit restore and BAM it worked. Thus I realied that there was no need for me to recover my ipod because let me tell you, 14 gigs of music and videos takes a LONG time to copy to my ipod.
    If you have the same problem try this:
    1. DO NOT GO INTO RECOVRY MODE
    2. Make sure you have the ipod directly connected to your computer (no extensions or hubs)
    3. Restart iTunes a few times
    4. If all else fails enter recovry mode and hope for the best :laugh2:
  2. dossary001

dossary001 New Member

Dear All,

i had the same problem error 2003 Unknown error when i try to upgrade from 3.1.3 to os4 and i slove it
    and i search in many forums.
    but i read some sulotion about changing the USB port and i found the problem.

When i saw my cable (GRIFFIN) i ask my self what if this cable not supporting data transfaring, becouse i get it with when i buy car charger and i am using on my PC.

So, i think this is 1 way cable and maybe not for DATA.
    then i used my orginal Iphone cable.

The good news the recovery and restoring work 100% good.
    and problem was solved.

Hope this works for you also.
    Regards,
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement