Duplicate/triplicate text messages (and charges)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Flyingstar, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Flyingstar

Flyingstar Member
    Bronze

I mostly text my girlfriend who lives in the same space. we are both on a "network extender" both have iPhone 4. for the last two months we have been charged for about triple the normal text messages. when I look at my online text records I see two messages sent at the same moment. and when she gets the text message their are two sometimes three copys. I have been on the phone w/ Verizon support for about 3 hours and several diff. times. they have done a number of things to resolve the issue but NO success so far. They did credit our accounts for the overage but the problem continuse un abated.

2. Flyingstar

Flyingstar Member
    Bronze

Forgot. this ONLY happens between our two numbers, no one else gets duplicate texts from me.

3. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

I would ask them to turn off text on BOTH numbers (at the numbers on the same account?) and then turn it back on again. I wonder if that would help?

Also, why not use iMessage instead? Wouldn't that help?

4. Nrevezzo

Nrevezzo Member
    Bronze

I have never seen this on my 4S or my wife's 4 but my daughter has an HTC something-or-other and she is always getting duplicate and triplicate texts regardless of who sends. This is all on AT&T. Good thing we have the unlimited plan.

5. Jessaw1981

Jessaw1981 Member
    Bronze

I agree with pp about the iMessage also Verizon to Verizon is free anyway so why is there an overage ?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

6. Flyingstar

Flyingstar Member
    Bronze

V to V texting is free?

7. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

only if you have the 500 message pricing. They made it now that you have to add the 500 text message plan for 10.00 to your bill.

8. Jessaw1981

Jessaw1981 Member
    Bronze

that's weird it's always been free I mean you have to have a text plan they won't hardly let you have a phone with out it lol. But I have never had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app