During an incoming call, "Decline" button only appears sometimes

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I'm not sure why I only get the "Decline" button for some calls, but not for others. Is there anything I can do to make this option always show up?

photo.PNG photo 2.PNG (thumbnails; click on each image to view larger)

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
It happens to me also. Some calls I see the decline option or accept option. Others I can only slide to accept or I have to let it continue ringing and ignore it. I can't remember but does pressing lock button also ignore it?

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
[Raises Hand] I know this! Every morning my wife calls me at 5:30 am, and I always get the "Slide to Answer" option. If the phone is locked, you get the slide. If unlocked you get the accept/decline. Someone said if you swipe up on the slide to answer, it will show the option to decline. I have not tested that. Also they say 2 presses of the power/sleep button will send the call to VM. :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm not sure why I only get the "Decline" button for some calls, but not for others. Is there anything I can do to make this option always show up?

View attachment 37579 View attachment 37580 (thumbnails; click on each image to view larger)
You're on the lock screen on the first screenshot and the home screen on your second. They have different options.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I decline a call from the lock screen by pressing the power button twice otherwise I use the slide to reject when the phone is unlocked.
When you twice press the power/sleep button, does it also send the call to voicemail? If not, that must have been a feature of iOS 6. One really has to take note of dates on "how to" articles.