During phone calls...

PJennie16

Aug 21, 2011
.... I am notourious for muting phone calls or hanging up on people with my cheek when im on a call. Ive learned that i can click on my key pay but then i still end up leaning on numbers or 3way'ing someone i haven't talked to in forever. Does anyone know of a good app i can use to lock mu ipbone 4 while im on the phone?

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I believe there's something wrong with the proximity sensor or the light sensor. I'm not sure which one, but there's a sensor that turns the phone to black when it's up to your cheek and turns it back on (without swipe to unlock or anything) when your done. Have you restored it yet?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
You should test your phone by placing a call ( generally I use the automated banking line because it take 10 minutes to route you to an operator if they don't get a response) and then covering the area above the ear piece with your thumb or part of your hand. the screen should go blank. Keep testing to see how little it takes to have the screen shut off and stay off. also, try going in front of a mirror with your phone to your ear and see if it goes out and how long it stays out or if it comes back on right away.
Lastly ( And I might catch flack for mentioning this from others) shake your phone. If you can hear a rattle near the ear piece and can eliminate the possibility of it being the sleep button or the volume buttons or silent switch, then it's possibly your proximity sensor is loose. Take it back for an exchange.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
.... I am notourious for muting phone calls or hanging up on people with my cheek when im on a call. Ive learned that i can click on my key pay but then i still end up leaning on numbers or 3way'ing someone i haven't talked to in forever. Does anyone know of a good app i can use to lock mu ipbone 4 while im on the phone?
I had that same prob, Hawk is right I did that, & it was my proximity sensor, Apple replaced the phone for free. Good luck, I thought it was just me trying to get used to the phone the whole time, till I asked on here :)

Sent from my iPod touch using iCafe app