Dust Magnet

Jun 26, 2007
Anyone else find this screen to be a dust magnet?
I put it in my pocket for a second and the screen is COVERED in dust!
What can I do about this... I assume a screen protector might work.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Take phone out of pocket
Take pants off
Turn pants upside down
Shake

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
I like the old screen myself, certainly a dust collector.

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
Me either. I still can't get over the screen. I'm not sure if they added it on the 3G (because I was on V1) but this oil thing screen thing they have is AMAZING as it doesn't leave finger prints or anything. I can be using it for 5 minutes straight and then look at it in the light etc and it won't look like I've used it at all. Very impressed but wondering how long it will last :S

Trevowski

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Oklahoma
www.splatterpb.com
yes mine is a dust magnet too! so much so that after 5 attempts with screen protectors, i cant get one to adhere with out catching dust under it

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I do notice dust collecting more in the edges of the display along the border of my case, but I attribute that to a different case design than I'm used to. The screen itself stays amazingly fingerprint- and dust-free. I was shrugging off that oleophobic treatment as a gimmick feature at best, but it really does something noticeable and very welcome!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Nope. I think most people don't know about it.

Blueline29

Bronze
Jun 12, 2009
St. Louis
I haven't noticed mine collecting a bunch of dust, really, but I have noticed fingerprints accumulating on it. However, a swipe or 2 with the tail of my t-shirt, and they're GONE. I was so used to rubbing and rubbing and rubbing on my Bold and still having it look like it had a damn oil slick on the screen; this is awesome!

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I've had no problems with the screen , in fact it's way better than I thought it would be.

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
The small dirt particles on my shirt are attracted to my iPhone. Ahhhhh! Thanks Apple for providing no microfiber cloth:p Thank God my Capsule Rebel Serpent came with one.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Like the screen, though it is a bit more yellow than I thought it would be. It feels GREAT to slide my finger across...but maybe that's because I don't have a screen protector and was using one previously for two years. I don't really get the "no fingerprint" thing. I still see them. I mean they do go away and are not noticeable...but it's definitely not fingerprint-proof.

I remember someone mentioning something about a border around the edges of the screen (very thing) being a lighter color than the rest. Is that normal? Didn't have that on my v1. Thanks.